1/72 Airfix A-4B Skyhawk - 1st RFI (OK - you can laugh!)

That is a lovely looking Scooter Dave - very nicely done and that is a great touch on the drop tank.

BUT - after 1440 posts and your first RFI you then only give us 2 piccies....!!!!  It looks great on that base and is crying out for some more photos!! ;-)

The Xtradecal sheets for the A-4B offer some great looking schemes as well, well worth a punt for more Scooter builds.

Phil

• Like 1

Airfix A-4B SkyhawkAirfix A-4B Skyhawk

Many thanks for the encouraging words there guys - truly appreciated. OK Phil, these extra piccies are for you. I'll take some underside shots tomorrow when the winter sun reappears in my part of the world. 

I have seen those two Xtradecal A-4B sheets and am very tempted to build a VA-15 aircraft that also served on USS Intrepid during the same 1966 Vietnam cruise. If I see a cheap-ish kit knocking around at one of our local swap meets I'll probably grab another, athough I will be adding this to 4 other Fujimi Scooter kits already in the stash!! 

Cheers and once again - thanks for the kind words... Dave  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Nothing to say but excellent!

These US Navy birds are a joy to behold.

Great show

JR

• Like 1

Not laughing here: that one model's more than I've finished this year and it looks fine.  Really like the "wet deck" look particularly in the first two images; you can almost imagine the damn great wave the ship's just buried her bows in and sprayed all over the place or the tropical storm that's just let go all over her.  I really wanted to have a go at this little kit 'til I saw yours; now I really really really want to have a go.  By the time I've done it I might have made 1440 posts too (must get a photo posting tutorial from someone).

Edited by stever219
Pathetically poor punctuation & proof reading.
  • Like 1

...nope, don't get the joke!

If you want a bit of a giggle, my part-way Fujimi C ought to do the job; all you've done here is to produce a very nice piece of work that supports my conclusion about the Effix B. (Which is that I did the right thing getting the Attack Squadron conversion for it, so I can have a 1/72 'Roadrunner' without even more grief!)

• Like 1