Things going goofy after recent update

I wish the keepers of the software would quit monkeying around with things for this site. Following the last update a few obnoxious things have been happening

a) Everything has an ugly horizontal stretch on my monitor. 

b_) The forum makes me re-log back in each time I revisit on a new device (laptop or phone) 

c) Possibly because of a), everything has a oversized Playskul look to it now.

d) I seem to be unable to just paste in direct links from my photohost (postimage) and have them load as pics rather than hotlinks. Things work when I do the insert media button, and its not a hard fix, but it seems like a step backwards from what we had.  

Is it possible to personally revert settings to the previous version? I miss the old britmodeler :(

Unfortunately not. If we don't upgrade we lose tech support eventually and where those small issues may occur by the change to the external interface that you see, behind the scenes in the nuts and bolts of the software, it's safer, faster and less likely to be compromised by idiots.

a) Everything has an ugly horizontal stretch on my monitor. 

I too had this but was easily fixed by a tip further down this forum - scroll to bottom of the page, find the " theme "  button, click the down arrow and select " default". You should then see the width of the page on one screen ( at least on a laptop anyway).

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:07 AM, Greg B said:

Unfortunately not. If we don't upgrade we lose tech support eventually and where those small issues may occur by the change to the external interface that you see, behind the scenes in the nuts and bolts of the software, it's safer, faster and less likely to be compromised by idiots.

Admins - have we got a solution yet to the "stretched" forums view on the britmodeller skin, rather than having to use the default blue skin where the forum view works properly?

This is how each forum looks with the britmodeller skin :

714fc654-4fd3-450d-aa35-0689eec87483.jpg

And this is what it looks like with the default blue skin:

73397612-caf3-42b5-b3a7-125e0ac08a0e.jpg

This has been happening since the upgrade.

Sorry for being a PITA. Sadly none of the suggested fixes work apart from switching to the default forum software theme.

Thanks

Edited by treker_ed
inserting picture to show what the problem is

Unfortunately from your screenshots it looks like you are using the Microsoft web browsers.  They are not the best browsers to use due to microsofts habits of doing their own thing never mind the protocols.  Please try another browser.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Greg B said:

Unfortunately from your screenshots it looks like you are using the Microsoft web browsers.  They are not the best browsers to use due to microsofts habits of doing their own thing never mind the protocols.  Please try another browser.

I forgot to mention - Edge is fine - Explorer is wonky!

To be honest, never really had any problems with IE until now!