Let´s get started: Tamiya 1/72 A6M2 Zero

Hello,

i´m new here and wanted to share with you my most recent Build, the Tamiya 1/72 Zeke (Kit no. 60779 i think).

The Kit is a little gem, it almost fell together by itself. Also was building this kit the first time i reriveted something, the only thing this little kit really needed.

For paints i used Tamiya plus Vallejo Model Air and Metal Color, applied with a Painbrush. Also for the first time I sanded lightly the paint down bringing those rivets to life.

Then some stains with a cotton bud, a light dark grey wash and a little bit of drybrushing.

I hope you enjoy the Pictures!^_^

Nk5rqkV.jpg

AuIPUve.jpg

0ewzaxT.jpg

lJmjCCX.jpg

VCqTWbO.jpg

UkQcXAa.jpg

brru65p.jpg

P.S.: I´m still figuring out how to properly take pictures with my camera and how to post them, so next time the pictures should be better.

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Woozaa said:

Hello,

i´m new here and wanted to share with you my most recent Build, the Tamiya 1/72 Zeke

:welcome:

Hi Wooza,

Welcome! Lovely model and choice of subject.

I've heard it said that once you start riveting, there's no turning back... Do you mind me asking what plans you used for the rivet lines? I have this kit, and I would also like to do the riveting.

Regards,

David

Thank you guys :)

14 hours ago, Dazey said:

:welcome:

Hi Wooza,

Welcome! Lovely model and choice of subject.

I've heard it said that once you start riveting, there's no turning back... Do you mind me asking what plans you used for the rivet lines? I have this kit, and I would also like to do the riveting.

Regards,

David

Well, I just googled it, "Zero riveting plan" i think and then some results popped right up, but i did not use one specific plan. Also i looked at pictures from the real thing, so in the end the riveting job was more like a approximation then a perfect replica.

2 hours ago, glatisant said:

Lovely build..A6M5 surely?

Mhm, on the box it states that it is the A6M2, but i´m not an expert on the subject ;)

Best regards

• Like 1

Great work and finish - and I've previously built the 'Hamp' version of this kit and agree totally with the quality of the kit and build experience.

Regards

Dave

17 hours ago, Woozaa said:

Well, I just googled it, "Zero riveting plan" i think and then some results popped right up, but i did not use one specific plan. Also i looked at pictures from the real thing, so in the end the riveting job was more like a approximation then a perfect replica.

19 hours ago, glatisant said:

OK, thanks. That will be my plan for the riveting too.

I think that glatisant is correct in it being an A6M5. The Tamiya A6M2b zero is kit #60780.

Regards,
David