Greetings from England

samhobbs

Hello,

I'm Sam, I'm 15 years old and, I started modelling again about a year ago, after a 6-7 break. I enjoy modelling Second World War Era aircraft mainly but do enjoy building the odd armour kit from time to time. I purchased my first airbrush about 7 months ago, and so far really enjoying it. At the moment I seem to end up buying large kits usually 1/32, despite not having adequate space to store them. As a young kid, I built many Airfix starter kits, which I would knock out in a few hours at weekends, but since about September last year, 2016, I have started modelling more seriously, and devoting much of my free time to completing kits. 

I hope to start posting on here soon, as I have just received a bunch of new kits for my birthday, which was today, August 1st. 

I also have an Instagram account devoted to my scale modelling, called scalemodellinguk, for anyone who has Instagram here. 

Edited by samhobbs
  • Like 2

Greetings from an ol' git from across the pond. Happy birthday, too. This is a great forum with great people in it. Most any type of question can and will be answered.

Chris

Welcome aboard and happy biffday :party:

Good to see the next wave of modellers coming through and I look forward to seeing some of your builds.

Trevor (who vaguely remembers 15....:hmmm:)

Welcome Sam and :hbd:!!

I hope you got some great things and had a good day.

Take the numbers of your age, swap them around and you have my age :clif: 

The years between go very quickly! Once struck by the model making bug it's always there as a great hobby, even as you've found, if we take a big break from it now and then.

Looking forward to seeing some of your models and/or builds 

:bye: 

TonyT

Welcome Sam and happy birthday! :)

I've had a quick look at your Instagram and wow! A motorised B-17, great job! Most people shy away from the kit, let alone fitting motors... and the finish looks very good too.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work on here - happy modelling :) 

Happy belated birthday Sam, and welcome to BM. Just had a look at your stuff on Instagram and wow! Your not only a good modeller (your Revel 1/32 Me 262 is excellent), but you have also got a good imagination – that B-17 encountering a Bf 109 is amazing. Looking forward to seeing more of your builds on here. You seem to have the talent and youth to end up becoming a first class modeller.

Gorby