RV Mirage IIIE Exotic

Graeme H

Actually No, KUTA is a BM term, and the KUTA GB is held annually, this time around from 4th November to the 4th February, and stand for Kick up the A  and is for all those stalled projects that you want to try and get finished, myself along with a multitude of others have several of these projects sitting around, and in my case some of these old builds are older than some of the members here, I really want to get some of these Mirages finished so looking forward to it as it kicks off just after the Mirage GB finishes, that Enzo couldn't have timed it better, but I plan on going to Telford again this year, no small undertaking, doing a half circumference of the planet.

The top of the fin and part of the dorsal fin needs to be painted grey and black, this photo highlights how I need to clean up my desk, there is hardly an room for the models

DSCN0836

Well viewers, the Eagle eyed will notice that I missed a bit of masking on the grey bit on the dorsal fin

DSCN0837

The result

DSCN0838

no biggie, will just put on a quick coat by brush

That's your lot for today

Note to self, time is fast running out on this GB, get finger out :hourglass:

• Like 2

On 10/8/2017 at 7:53 AM, Gene K said:

HUH?

I had to look up "Kuta", and The Urban Dictionary gave me this:

kuta

A prank where you fart into your phone when someone picks up then hang up.
watch this, I am going to kuta JJ when he picks up the phone

Seriously, I really admire all your Mirage projects, and look forward to your continued progress!

Gene K
P.S. I assume your use of "Kuta" is the Australian meaning of "the best". :D

Ahhh, Gene, KUTA has a different meaning in this case.

In fact, there is an Annual Group Build to 'motivate' us all each year to give us a 'Kick Up The A...' and finish some shelf queens :D

Oh, and nice job on the masking Graeme. I always manage to do a similar thing and miss most obvious spots!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, some decals going on to this one

24058836838_7f82361d37_k.jpgDSCN0853 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

This one will get the topside treatment when the upside down jig is released from use with the 5BR

24058833008_85f06b558e_k.jpgDSCN0854 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

then it gets it's undersides done.

I may run out of time getting these done, doesn't seem a lot, but takes me a while to get into them,

I had a bad couple of days last week, when it was my wedding anniversary then my late wife's birthday, really hit home, but hanging in there, I'm not one for burning much midnight oil, I can't usually stay awake past 2200, but get up early, usually 0500, but the dog demands my time then, so usually later in the morning before I get any time for modelling

• Like 1