Ok im still new to Britmodeler. I may be missing something and I apologize to Admin if this post is in the wrong area. Blame it on newbie ignorance. But when i logged onto BM this morning the entire page's background is snow white. Im able to see details about a posters history under there screen name in posts. Mysteriously and strangely my "like button" option has gone missing as well. 

Now i access BM strictly through an Iphone and i admit this may be connected to that. But im curious if anyone else is getting these issues ? If so is it a site issue ? Is it temporary ? Or is it on my side of things. Is it something i can fix or not ? If not it may likely be an apple thing. Thanks to any and all especially the Moderators and everyone here at BM and the work they do. 

Dennis

If you scroll right to the bottom of the page, you should see 'Theme' (with a down arrow next to it). Click on the arrow and select 'default'. You'll get the like button back, and more.

I got the answer from here:

• Like 2

Just dandy.. I'm now back in the previous BM with a blue heart like button.

Back to new BM and no like button now.

Edited by bzn20

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, neilh said:

well done that man- fixed my problem too - I also had the " widescreen " view!

Using the BM Theme instead of the default blue theme I also have the "wide screen" issue with the topic on the left hand side of the forum with the poster details on the far extreme right. This goes away and is okay if I swap to the default theme.

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, Beard said:

If you scroll right to the bottom of the page, you should see 'Theme' (with a down arrow next to it). Click on the arrow and select 'default'. You'll get the like button back, and more.

I got the answer from here:

Thank you for that, I am glad that I decided to check this thread. You have restored my sanity. Well, you have restored how I view the forum, anyway. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

All devices should now have the like button and everything back, no matter which Theme you use.  I've got this thread open on my phone right now with the new Theme running (the fancy modelling desk one), and tapping the heart button brings up a nifty little vertical stack of Thanks, haha, confused, sad and old-fashioned like.  That's on Android using the latest version of Firefox.  If your browser isn't working with the forum software, it's either in need of an update, or is behind the times with how it works.  iPhones were having problems with some HTML5 elements due to issues with the "webkit" that most browsers use, but I would have thought that was fixed by now.

I'd be interested to know what browser, browser version, operating system and device is still not showing the Like button.  Just to prove my point, I posh-liked (confused) @silverkite211's post using my phone while I typed this :)

I've asked Julien to take a look using one of his iDevices to see what's occurring.

• Like 1