P-47D 405th FG Christchurch 1944

DarylH

Sometimes a project just gets ahold of me. The original Revell boxing of this had some issues with landing gear and vertical stab. I built it anyway and it never quite looked right.

A year later a magazine article described how to fix it and it has been stuck in my head these past 40 years. I purchased a fresh kit and slowly over time added details to the box

until I ended up with all of this. So now it's time to see what I can do with it.

DSC00116-th.jpg

Edited by DarylH

3 hours ago, DarylH said:

Sometimes a project just gets ahold of me. The original Revell boxing of this had some issues with landing gear and vertical stab. I built it anyway and it never quite looked right.

A year later a magazine article described how to fix it and it has been stuck in my head these past 40 years. I purchased a fresh kit and slowly over time added details to the box

until I ended up with all of this. So now it's time to see what I can do with it.

DSC00116-th.jpg

That's a long time to wait. Love the decals you have for it can't wait to see what you do with it, lots of goodies. Great choice 

I have a 1/48 tamiya razorback in the stash that I've been meaning to build for an age, this may give me a push to move it nearer the front of the queue, thats a nice collection of 

Goodies you have also

Glynn

• 2 weeks later...

Well since it's the Radial Engine Group build that is where I started.

This is the Revell engine. I had to replace the ignition conduit with some stainless steel wire and I still have to scratchbuild a prop governor to install between the magne

DSC00123

DSC00126

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...