Airfix Typhoon 1b Starter Set *finished*

vppelt68

This is just an introductory/test post with a first photo posted using a new service provider. I have more pics in my camera but they aren´t uploaded anywhere yet. This pic was taken with my Android phone and the Flickr app for uploading pics there directly. Seems like I´d managed to succeed in doing it!

Anyway, I´m building an Airfix Typhoon 1b Starter Set kit following the rules of the Starter Set GB I had originally planned to participate with it, but sadly missed it back then.

So I´m using just the six pots of acrylics, a tube of glue and two paint brushes provided in the kit... and basic tools of course, but no other paints, decals, brushes, liquid cement or any filler - wish me luck!

The kit is very nice btw. For simplicitys´ sake I´m building a bomber, not a rocket equipped one. V-P

P.S. The fuselage and wing seams weren´t cleaned yet when I took this pic!

Tiffie with both wings

• Like 1

Camera pics as promised!

DSCN3355

Here we have the boxart (great one btw), paint, glue and the brushes. No, I didn´t get this cheap but I wanted to support the shop for them selling kits!

DSCN3356

Back of box with painting instructions.

DSCN3357

Paints and decals.

DSCN3358

Build on the way. The guns could be attached while the upper wing halves were still on the sprue.

DSCN3359

Interior parts painted, washed and drybrushed. Oh and the IP decal is there too.

DSCN3360

Moving forward...

DSCN3361

Lousy pic but the only one I got of the interior before buttoning up the fuselage.

So far I´ve been very happy with how Airfix has engineered and produced this kit. Highly recommended! Best regards, V-P

• Like 2

One of my favourite aircraft :).

This is a newer Airfix kit that I haven't bought yet, I'm interested to see how it goes together.

Nice project using just the starter set resources :thumbsup2: 

:popcorn: 

Best regards 

TonyT

• 1 month later...

So, the first build session since my hip operation took place today! I believe I might even manage to finish this in time, well we'll see...

Hu106 brushed on

As the Tiffie was practically assembled before my days off, I got to a jump start with the kit supplied acrylic pots. Here's two layers of Hu106 brushed on and windshield attached. I made my own masks of course.

Topside colours on

Soon it was time to brush on the Hu30. I really like it how quickly that non-enamel paint dries :hmmm:.

Too many tins of enamel in my stash to change!

Ok I cheated a bit; the starter set didn't include yellow or chocolate brown, but I just had to paint those prop tips and exhausts not all black!

Wheel bays painted.

Wheel wells got paint too, but I need to smooth that front cowling seam before I paint the lower surfaces. I attached the wheels after taking this pic so all the parts left I need to add are the bombs.

I'm rather glad to be back :smile:!

Best regards, V-P

EDIT: The last build pics from this morning. Next ones will be posted in the Gallery, I hope :thumbsup:

Nav lights etc painted.

Shaky one?

Gave the lg bays a wash. Tiffie is ready for decals.

Well not too shabby this one either. I tried to give the LG bays a black wash and weathered the bird a bit. That´s it now! V-P

EDIT #2! One last build pic... With lazy me leaving the leading edge quite rough I thought I´d never get the kit supplied yellow leading edge decals to set properly, I dedided to try mask and paint them instead. With the pics already in the gallery now, I can tell you that in my opinion it was a successful attempt :-). Just a minor paint creep which was easily scratched off with a wet tooth pick.

Decided to try to paint the leading edges yellow... Huh!?