REVELL BAE 146-200 BRITISH AIRWAYS

Hi everyone,this was a very enjoyable build with the livery cobbled together from a number of different sources,majority of decals come from a Skyline detail set,the BA markings and titles come from a 737 and the registration letters from an Airtours A321. the red and blue ribbons are a little oversize for a 146 but i can live with that.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            []https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4327/36032758932_43f5e53a7e_k.jpg[/img]DSC00283 by michael hobday, on Flickr                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            36032758932_43f5e53a7e_k.jpgDSC00283 by michael hobday, on Flickr36032757792_b5957b9b43_k.jpgDSC00281 by michael hobday, on Flickr36032757172_5b8045462d_k.jpgDSC00280 by michael hobday, on Flickr36158452436_84f9af0a24_k.jpgDSC00277 by michael hobday, on Flickr

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Well done again with this somewhat rare bird. Good work on the hand painted fin markings.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed.  :goodjob:

The Revell Avro is a lovely little kit and I hope it will come back on the market one day.  Just out of interest why didn't you use the F-DCAL decals? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Very nice indeed.  :goodjob:

The Revell Avro is a lovely little kit and I hope it will come back on the market one day.  Just out of interest why didn't you use the F-DCAL decals? 

Have to admit I didnt realise any decals were available for this subject but never mind as it was enjoyable to do which is the most important thing.                                                                                                                                                          Cheers Michael.        

49 minutes ago, michael301757 said:

Have to admit I didnt realise any decals were available for this subject but never mind as it was enjoyable to do which is the most important thing.                                                                                                                                                          Cheers Michael.        

Absolutely!  

If you ever think of building another Avro, F-DCAL have some nice schemes including two variants of Manx and several BA World Images.  I built "Benyhone" a few years ago although unfortunately the white enamel paint has yellowed a bit and the model really needs to be refurbished or replaced.

21 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Absolutely!  

If you ever think of building another Avro, F-DCAL have some nice schemes including two variants of Manx and several BA World Images.  I built "Benyhone" a few years ago although unfortunately the white enamel paint has yellowed a bit and the model really needs to be refurbished or replaced.

Yes thanks for letting me know,I have just checked the fdcal website and there is certainly some nice things on there particuarly the Manx scheme,as i have another 146 in the cupboard, watch this space as they say.                                                     Cheers Michael.

A very beautiful Avro.The BA scheme really suits that plane

And its nice to see one build up.

It just happens that on August 20,Swiss International Airlines will make a farewell flight with their last Avro RJ100 and I was lucky to get a seat on that flight.

Swiss has replaced their whole fleet with the new Bombardier CS100 and -300,so these airliners will become a rare sight at our airports...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

A very beautiful Avro.The BA scheme really suits that plane

And its nice to see one build up.

It just happens that on August 20,Swiss International Airlines will make a farewell flight with their last Avro RJ100 and I was lucky to get a seat on that flight.

Swiss has replaced their whole fleet with the new Bombardier CS100 and -300,so these airliners will become a rare sight at our airports...

Hi Alex that sounds great,enjoy your flight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Cheers Michael.