Revell Eurofighter panel lines (1/72)

Karlo

So i was searching alot on Internet to find proper blueprint for EF 2000. But when looking at this photo revell did brake wing on let's call it right spot. Only thing is that space betwen fuselage and wings is just to wide. I have seen some people Building it without that wide gap, somehow they got solid fit. And this is photo i was looking at. You can see at this photo that there is a gap between fuselage and wings:

eurofighter-typhoon-9091-1366x768.jpg

Thing is, most models i see build around completley ignor that panel line and they just cover it with filler. So the proper build would be to get that gap tight as possible ? 

EF2000_Eurofighter.jpg

Even when looking on a bottom side of wings you can actualy see that split.

eftyphoonpreviewbg_sprue1.jpg

Oh god damn i missed the forum :D , just tired ! Sorry guys !

8 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I think you should ask the moderators to move this to Modern Military Aircraft.   I don't think the Eurofighter is in airline service, at least not yet. ;)

But i kinda like the idea :P

• Like 1

Over the years I've had arguments with contest judges over such gaps/seams, usually after the judging is over and I learn that my model had been down-rated for "failure to adequately fill seams." I came to the conclusion that most of today's contest judges have never seen a real aircraft close-up but instead rely on the conventional model-building wisdom and photos as published in one magazine or another. Consequently, I no longer enter very many contests.

• Like 1

Since this topic is still in the civil aviation section, I'll just add that I never, ever compete (a) because competing takes the fun out of modelling and (b) because the overwhelming majority of judges know absolutely nothing about airliners.  I remember a discussion on another forum where one modeller recounted how his model MD-80 had been marked down because the dorsal anti-collision beacon wasn't on the centre line of the fuselage. Any photo of a real MD-80 taken from above will clearly show the beacon offset to the right. It's just a pity the judges concerned didn't know what they were talking about.

20 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

It would look good in Ryanair colours and it would do wonders for Mr O'Leary's ego. :)

Hasn't that charmless chiseller got a big enough ego already?  If he had Typhoons he'd have teams of blokes going round painting targets on SqueasyJet's Airbuses all night.

21 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

It would look good in Ryanair colours and it would do wonders for Mr O'Leary's ego. :)

1 hour ago, stever219 said:

Hasn't that charmless chiseller got a big enough ego already?  If he had Typhoons he'd have teams of blokes going round painting targets on SqueasyJet's Airbuses all night.

Well in Russia you can fly in a mig 29, so maybe Ryanair will take this thread in mind and do something with eurofighter double seater :D . Well i have joined my wings today, think i will need only to put some putty in front joint of wings and fuselage because it is still to wide. When it comes to rest of panel lines i will leave them mosty as they are since i was googling more today and i can actualy see that splits are mostly correct ! And well if would come to model contests it would be like this :

http://imgur.com/orttp7Z

Why no links anymore ? :D 

I will post some pictures soon:

http://www.airteamimages.com/pics/155/155909_big.jpg

But look at this panel lines on bottom of wings !