Sepecat Jaguar GR1 double build Revell/Airfix 1/48

10 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Excellent work indeed!

@massimo - was it you who was wanting Nigerian jaguar decals? I finally managed to post them to you on Tuesday (assuming it was you, or else someone else in Italy...) Hopefully they will be with you soon. :)

Keep up the good work!

Wooops....I think it wasn't me...I'lo per gli know when they come and of you remember who needed them, I'll post them for gli. Thanks Anyway !!

Ciao

Massimo

11 hours ago, massimo said:

Wooops....I think it wasn't me...I'lo per gli know when they come and of you remember who needed them, I'll post them for gli. Thanks Anyway !!

Ciao

Massimo

Ah, i just found the messages re the decals... it wasnt you at all! Sorry!

Carry on, lets see those lovely things get finished. :)

1 hour ago, RMP2 said:

Ah, i just found the messages re the decals... it wasnt you at all! Sorry!

Carry on, lets see those lovely things get finished. :)

I'm sorry for all the mistakes in writing , but it's my phone who decides what to dial!!!:swear:

• Haha 1

On 05/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, massimo said:

cLpStGw.jpg

I think it's ugly enough to be built together with a... :tmi:  ...Barracuda????

Never mind a Barra, that’s right up there in the Blackburn Blackburn level of hideousness.  You know the old adage “if it looks right, it flies right”?  That monstrosity must have flown like a brick!

Lovely Jags, but the Loire-Nieuport?   Oh. Emm. Gee.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Lovely Jags, but the Loire-Nieuport?   Oh. Emm. Gee.

...I didn't even know it existed!!!Then I sow te box art and...I couldn't resist!!!

I don't know of it was a good flier, but the only pictures I found on the net show it grounded and ...tail up!!!

Hi everybody,

I know tonight, the night after Telford, everything else will look very little thing compared to what you’ve seen in the last couple of days, anyway, I’m one of those who wasn’ t there and I took the occasion to slowly go on with my Jags.

I built the main gears locks , the cylinders controlling the doors openind and the main gears cylinders.

I don’t remember if I already posted any pictures of the nose gear doors, so Iìve added them ( even to make my progress look a bit more  consistent, otherwise it would have looked ….what it really is!!!

To highlight the parts’ detail, I washed them with my Tamiya stuff.It might even acta s a pre-shading process!!!

P5gnGDg.jpg

99a1yIx.jpg

While the doors’ locks could be fitted to the gear bays, the doors’ and main legs’ cylinders will have to wait a later stage and will be fitted at the very end, together with the gears and doors.

HhhUX5I.jpg

WQjdExY.jpg

That's it for now.

My goal is to finish the left side (I'll never be able to remember which one is port and which is starboard!!! :wall:) main wheel bay.

If I can do this, I'll be finally able to paint them and them croceed with the wings!!!

Fingers crossed!!!

Ciao

Massimo

Edited by massimo2
missing picture
  • Like 8

"Theres no Port Left in the bottle" ;)

Not sure what paints you are using, but Humbrol Hu81 is a pretty good match for the gear bays if that helps at all. Unsure if the inside of the bay doors should be the same colour...?

Still loving what youre doing, keep it up. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bar side said:

Yep tricky to recall.  I had to sail a friends boat into harbour once (ok sails were down & we were going on petrol motor) but you soon get the hang of which side to keep the green posts & red posts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_and_starboard

Thanks very much! I'll read this event night for a few months ...that might help!!!

For those students for whom even the "port - red - left" thing was insufficient, we used to tell them to remember that LEFT has 4 letters, and so does PORT.  Amazingly, this even worked for some people.  If not, try thinking in Italian, Massimo; left-handed people were once thought evil, which is where the English word "sinister" comes from.   Sinistra = Port...

Mind you, I did have one stude who arrived for his first sortie with LEFT and RIGHT written on his flying gloves after his instructor on Gazelles got bored with saying "No, Bloggs, when I said 'Turn left' I meant the OTHER left…".  Eventually he went front line - there is hope for everyone!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

If not, try thinking in Italian, Massimo; left-handed people were once thought evil, which is where the English word "sinister" comes from.   Sinistra = Port...

Great tip, Crisp :thumbsup:  Been to Italy, by chance? :wink:

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 1

...port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right...

port                                                                                                                                                                                 Starboard

port                                                                                                                                                                                 Starboard

...hope I'll remember! 

Edited by massimo2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

"Right" also has the same number of letters as "Green".

That along with "No port left in the bottle" has always stuck with me... even after I got thrown out of Air Cadets... ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 2:10 AM, massimo said:

I had noticed there were two types of seat, but I wasn't sure when they switched to the new one. After considering the different alternatives, I've decided for a Gulf Was exemple , as I want it fully armed with Sidewinders fitted to the overwings pylons.

In some pictures I thought to have noticed the od style seat, but I wasn't sure.

35cicyc.jpg

So I think for this kit I'll have to use the original seat from the kit,which could be a good base for some more scratch or, in casethat's the only difference, use its head box fitted to the Pavla seat.

Selwin and Phone Phixer, thank you both very much for the info that I had missed.

I know this question only displays my ignorance, but..... why were different ejection seats installed later on in the planes history? 

Did they run out of the old seats, or were new ones developed that were better seats.

Thanks.

Randy

They were the original seat structures, the changes were mainly around improved parachute design. The old 9B Mk2 seat had the drogue chute in the headbox and the main chute in a pack behind the pilots back. The 9B Mk3 had both chutes in the larger headbox. The space opened up in the back pad area was used for NBC fans and respirator canisters for use with AR-5 NBC kit. There were plans to fit a larger main chute due to all the extra weight of combat survival kit worn, but the Jags were scrapped before it came to fruition.

Rob. (ex Jag armourer).

• Like 8

On 1/25/2018 at 10:04 PM, Phone Phixer said:

They were the original seat structures, the changes were mainly around improved parachute design. The old 9B Mk2 seat had the drogue chute in the headbox and the main chute in a pack behind the pilots back. The 9B Mk3 had both chutes in the larger headbox. The space opened up in the back pad area was used for NBC fans and respirator canisters for use with AR-5 NBC kit. There were plans to fit a larger main chute due to all the extra weight of combat survival kit worn, but the Jags were scrapped before it came to fruition.

Rob. (ex Jag armourer).

Thanks, Rob.

Really informative.

I especially always loved the 2-person Jag... really beautiful, especially from front on. very SF look to it.

• 3 months later...

This is very useful stuff, folks, as next in line (once I finally complete my Hasegawa A-10!) will be a 1/72 Hasegawa Jaguar. Your attention to detail is very impressive, Massimo! Mine may not be quite the same...

Jon

• Thanks 1

"And he marched smartly, left right left right straight out of this build..."

Oh dear, it's all so VERY 2017 isn't it dahlings...

😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, RMP2 said:

"Right" also has the same number of letters as "Green".

That along with "No port left in the bottle" has always stuck with me... even after I got thrown out of Air Cadets... ;)

I always think.....Port, Left and Red are short words, Starboard, Right and Green are long words.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2017 at 18:31, massimo said:

...port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right......port= left; starboard=right...

...hope I'll remember! 

I know this is a silly way to remember but port & left have fewer letters than starboard & right respectively. 

Great build by the way, I love the scratch built detail it looks fantastic. 

• Like 2