Sepecat Jaguar GR1 double build Revell/Airfix 1/48

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody!

I've been on holiday for the last three weeks, but only found some time for modelling today!!!:swear:

My last pictures were taken long ago with my cellphone and were rushed, so here I am now, with some fresh ones after most of the day was spent with brushes and colours.

The works carried out in the are the following:

Revell GR3 Desert Storm:

• Painted cockpit bath and side walls.

Airfix GR3 ...probably 54th Sq. winter camouflage 

• Finished painting and fitted resin electronic bay.
  • Painted and fitted air brakes bays and adapted their dimendions on both fuselage halves
  • Painted cockpit bath, seat and instruments panel.These were donated by a friend with the second model and i repainted them.

Here are some pictures:

The pilot: I know the left hand is missing, but i've got it in the parts box and I'll fit it once everyting is definitely in place.The seat front detail was filed down for a good fit with the pilot.

to hold them in place I fitted a pin both at the pilot's ...end ( sorry Fritag ...I know it's a bit... embarassing...nothing personal anyway!!)and one under the seat.

SXONjSN.jpg

68f4ce2.jpg

syyvViC.jpg

UkkBZZ6.jpg

kXpxlDA.jpg

First the seat 

BkJhSEJ.jpg

Yj5xyIi.jpg

fImmfTw.jpg

j5NMnvE.jpg

The bath

tf7hAb2.jpg

qKPjLES.jpg

6TeIE5k.jpg

gryLsPv.jpg

Instruments panels

dXiQUFE.jpg

lDY8TWR.jpg

The different components: I just realized the stick is missing on the second one.I'll add it when the time comes.

KriGDDB.jpg

zZOiQ9D.jpg

The final assembly

AsUaYLW.jpg

YDeElEJ.jpg

nUB1P2Q.jpg

apbHtar.jpg

lp03qEe.jpg

z0mVQU6.jpg

0rKIlxQ.jpg

Dw8NAbw.jpg

JA9TGMS.jpg

602h8Qg.jpg

Y3R6K9T.jpg

Knkxq3A.jpg

xy5jF62.jpg

Original finish and final finish compared.It wasn't bad at all, but I wanted to paint it myself.

aJV96l7.jpg

GAFju9f.jpg

dw30buk.jpg

8Nkkick.jpg

The comparaison between the two cockpits dry fitted to the fuselages.

YqjsFpq.jpg

SMSZea2.jpg

r9sYmd6.jpg

h4ipdIs.jpg

The other resins fitted to the fuselage halves.

A08570M.jpg

RgUeGtJ.jpg

3np6dCx.jpg

The airbrakes are designed for the Kitty Hawk kit and I cut the original housings in the fuselage haalves and fitted a piece of plastic card to recreate the inside .Detail will be added later.

4Z5qKfB.jpg

C4NLPJn.jpg

This is where I am now.

These pictures have shown something I hadn't spotted and I'll have to correct.That's all for now.

I'll keep you up to date.

Ciao

Massimo

• Like 20

On 17/09/2017 at 8:45 AM, massimo said:

to hold them in place I fitted a pin both at the pilot's ...end ( sorry Fritag ...I know it's a bit... embarassing...nothing personal anyway!!)and one under the seat.

I'm just pleased that no such fixing/restraining method was employed on the 1:1 version......It was uncomfortable enough after a while as it was....

Lovely painting skills Massimo :D

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Fritag said:

I'm just pleased that no such fixing/restraining method was employed on the 1:1 version......It was uncomfortable enough after a while as it was....

I'm still laughing as I'm typing this .... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Ciao

• Haha 1

Just had the pleasure of reading this thread. Great skills especially the scratch building. I used to look after Jags at RAF Abingdon in the early 90's and this is bringing back some great memories so thanks. Will be watching these builds with interest

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Over the weekend I started rescribing some panels, but I'll have to make some yemplates,as the result War.....sugar! I Aldo started stretching the front week Wells for both models and those went better!Noè I'll be in Texas for Teo weeks, so...no more update for a White! I'watch for now! 

Ciao

Massimo

On 9/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, massimo said:

Hi everybody!

I've been on holiday for the last three weeks, but only found some time for modelling today!!!:swear:

My last pictures were taken long ago with my cellphone and were rushed, so here I am now, with some fresh ones after most of the day was spent with brushes and colours.

The works carried out in the are the following:

Revell GR3 Desert Storm:

• Painted cockpit bath and side walls.

Airfix GR3 ...probably 54th Sq. winter camouflage 

• Finished painting and fitted resin electronic bay.
  • Painted and fitted air brakes bays and adapted their dimendions on both fuselage halves
  • Painted cockpit bath, seat and instruments panel.These were donated by a friend with the second model and i repainted them.

Here are some pictures:

The pilot: I know the left hand is missing, but i've got it in the parts box and I'll fit it once everyting is definitely in place.The seat front detail was filed down for a good fit with the pilot.

SXONjSN.jpg

68f4ce2.jpg

syyvViC.jpg

UkkBZZ6.jpg

kXpxlDA.jpg

First the seat 

BkJhSEJ.jpg

Yj5xyIi.jpg

fImmfTw.jpg

j5NMnvE.jpg

The bath

tf7hAb2.jpg

qKPjLES.jpg

6TeIE5k.jpg

gryLsPv.jpg

Instruments panels

dXiQUFE.jpg

lDY8TWR.jpg

The different components: I just realized the stick is missing on the second one.I'll add it when the time comes.

KriGDDB.jpg

zZOiQ9D.jpg

The final assembly

AsUaYLW.jpg

YDeElEJ.jpg

nUB1P2Q.jpg

apbHtar.jpg

lp03qEe.jpg

z0mVQU6.jpg

0rKIlxQ.jpg

Dw8NAbw.jpg

JA9TGMS.jpg

602h8Qg.jpg

Y3R6K9T.jpg

Knkxq3A.jpg

xy5jF62.jpg

Original finish and final finish compared.It wasn't bad at all, but I wanted to paint it myself.

aJV96l7.jpg

GAFju9f.jpg

dw30buk.jpg

8Nkkick.jpg

The comparaison between the two cockpits dry fitted to the fuselages.

YqjsFpq.jpg

SMSZea2.jpg

r9sYmd6.jpg

h4ipdIs.jpg

The other resins fitted to the fuselage halves.

A08570M.jpg

RgUeGtJ.jpg

3np6dCx.jpg

The airbrakes are designed for the Kitty Hawk kit and I cut the original housings in the fuselage haalves and fitted a piece of plastic card to recreate the inside .Detail will be added later.

4Z5qKfB.jpg

C4NLPJn.jpg

This is where I am now.

These pictures have shown something I hadn't spotted and I'll have to correct.That's all for now.

I'll keep you up to date.

Ciao

Massimo

G'day Massimo,

Your work is stunning, even more amazing when considering the base kits used.

Your painting skills are superb,

cheers,

Pappy

Edited by Pappy
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

After two weeks in the States, where I could only watch with my hands hitching, I'm finally back to the working bench.

This is the best time for modelling, weather is good and not too hot...well...in Italy the summer is really a pain, so hot you can't really do anything!

I finally concentrated on the nose wheel bays. I had preiously tried to keep the existing onr  with some side added, but they were nasty and their fit was sh...ugar!

ZYqSDBV.jpg

So I decided to make some new onees from scratch. Of the original ones I kept the wheel deeper housing.

WuJExCL.jpg

A7IvwpF.jpg

Once they were shaped and glued, I concentrated on their fitting to the fuseage halves,and cockpits.They're slightly different, thus it took me a little while, but this is what modelling is down to!!!

Here are some pictures of this process :

Airfix exemple first :

UsyN5TZ.jpg

QEH17Tu.jpg

OtKzgT3.jpg

zH39Q6w.jpg

S3bgR4o.jpg

Then Revell exemple:

IUpWAR4.jpg

iNNc0g6.jpg

OpLyfGp.jpg

FB23rCD.jpg

and now a comparaison between the two models:

2O7EcHu.jpg

zXsrERX.jpg

SijeXjn.jpg

On the Revell kit, all doors will be open, but on the Airfix one I haven't decided yet.

These are just the nose wheels' wells' frames. Datail will be added soon.

I'll keep you posted!

Ciao 

Massimo

• Like 3

Hi guys,small update:

last weekend I was here

y65KInl.jpg

Yesterday I found some time to concentrate  on the nose wheel well detail.I added the battery and most of the piping. I still hve to add the doors cylinder and finish the locking hook's piping.

aSXJMNp.jpg

EgSPHVB.jpg

WXZp0HQ.jpg

Qg8yccs.jpg

K1jbiFP.jpg

Now I'm heading to canada, but Friday night I'll be back, so I hope  to be able to finish them off and to do some paint work.

I'll keep you posed.

Ciao Massimo

• Like 7

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Great job Massimo! :clap: 

Can I ask what is the black wire you used for piping/cabling?

Ciao

Hi Giorgio. It's thin Electrical wire I bought at an electronics Fair.It'sgood as you can glue after painting and doesn't news to be painted.Giù can also fine it in different colours. 

• Thanks 1