Whippet MkA - Emhar 1/35

Hi,

As you can see in the title this is the old Emhar model. I have just build it before all the super models of Whippet comes to the market. I have used the Airwaves PE for ventilation grills and some other bits, Friulmodel tracks, and some scratch as: MG from needles, stowage boxes,, mud guard, grab handles. Add some nuts and rivets. Well, that's what I achieved:

DSCF7534.JPG

DSCF7536.JPG

DSCF7537.JPG

DSCF7538.JPG

DSCF7539.JPG

DSCF7540.JPG

DSCF7541.JPG

DSCF7542.JPG

DSCF7543.JPG

DSCF7544.JPG

• Like 26

Beautiful work Chris that proves someone with your skills always creates a beauty no matter what quality the base kit has!

The Whippet with it's archaic aesthetics is one of my All-Time favourite Tank designs and one day i'll build one myself, though i will choose the newer Meng kit and will be happy if mine turns out as nearly as good as yours.....

Great job Chris.  It may be an old kit but it's just as good as the new Meng and Takom versions.

Your weathering is superb and I like the fender on the right, adds some more character. Your mgs turned out great and the

Mausers or whatever in the storage bin are a nice touch.

Lloyd

Just goes to show that you don't need the latest and the greatest kit to create a superb model.

'Shrunk reality' is what comes into my mind. Very impressed…

Regarding the original, doesn't it seem a lot of machinery for carrying just a quartet of fine calibre MG:s?

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers

56 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Regarding the original, doesn't it seem a lot of machinery for carrying just a quartet of fine calibre MG:s?

Kind regards,

Joachim

I've never actually digg the history of that tank, but I think it was used as reconnaissance vehicle. Just light and fast. 

But I hope there is here enough people with proper knowledge who can help.