Strategic Air Command on NowTV

71chally

The classic film Strategic Air Command is showing on NowTV (and I'm guessing Sky Movies), this has been sometimes been hard to get in the UK.

The playback and filming quality is superb, and as well as the superb general ground and air to air (beautiful with some of the cloudscapes) filming of the B-36 and B-47, offers invaluable interior disposition and equipment references to the modeller.  Also the colour shots of the crew clothing are useful.

The B-36, great start-up and take-off sequence, and B-47, onboard JATO take-off, are the stars of this 1955 'Jimmy' Stewart movie, but the H-19, C-97 and C-124 are also seen in detail.

I wonder if Jimmy Stewart's conversation with the wardrobe department went along the lines of: 

Dresser: And we'll get you kitted out with a uniform next, Mr Stewart

JS: Ahh..ahhh. th...th...thanks, but I've brought my own...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 71chally said:

this has been sometimes been hard to get in the UK

I bought this movie 2 years ago from a seller on Ebay and have had no problem with it and he still sells it.........it comes in a plastic sleeve and DVD has appropriate label, its as per the movie and NOT HD

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strategic-Air-Command-James-Stewart-June-Allyson-Frank-Lovejoy-1955-/322599496248?hash=item4b1c6daa38:g:rjYAAOSwrklVKobC

• Like 1