Maserati Bora, Revell, 1/24

Like the 1:1, this kit is probably a bit under-rated. Mind you, it's hard to keep track of which plastic is in which Bora kit. This one has never been motorised, and has a full engine.

Bora-mid-left-quarter.jpg

bora-mid-front-left.jpg

bora-left-low-profile.jpg

bora-left-rear-quarter.jpg

bora-low-left-front-quarter.jpg

bora-right-low-front-quarter.jpg

bora-rear-right-going-away.jpg

bora-from-top-right-rear-clam-open.jpg

bora-from-rear-right-clam-open.jpg

Overall, although there are some oddities to be fixed (why ARE the seats ludicrously too narrow, requiring a 4mm fillet to be added in the middle?), and some of the parts need to be fettled to fit (and remove warpage, especially on the clamshell), it's not a bad kit, and certainly provides the best starting point for a Bora in your dislplay cabinet. And lets face it, there aren't many Maseratis out there at all, are there (I only know of the Monogram 3500GT and the Merit 250F racer).

best,

M.

• Like 10

Excellent build.  I parked next to one of these cars locally a couple of years ago.  It still looked like the future, in a retro sort of way!

Looks great, well done. One of my favourite road cars.

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I like that they've got proper tyres (Pirelli Cinturato of course) with actual side walls. 

Thanks, everyone. If I was doing another one, I'd NOT remove the doors and attempt to have them open; I'd do more to box things in inside to avoid the "see through" look;, and I'd certainly make some bay walls around the engine and scratch some of the ancillary components scattered around the bay, like the coils.

Stevehnz... I agree. Needless to say, in "another place" I've been told that the only thing wrong with this is the "hideous" and oversized tyres. The dimensions and details are actually pretty true to the original, dating from a time when sidewall compliance was a key factor in suspension set-up, ride and handling... 255/30R19s are not the way to go with a Bora... ;-P

best,

M.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Stevehnz... I agree. Needless to say, in "another place" I've been told that the only thing wrong with this is the "hideous" and oversized tyres. The dimensions and details are actually pretty true to the original, dating from a time when sidewall compliance was a key factor in suspension set-up, ride and handling... 255/30R19s are not the way to go with a Bora... ;-P

best,

M.

With you on this one Matthew, 100%, the nay sayers are obviously too young or have too short a memory span to remember the days when it was possible to travel quickly & not get your fillings jolted out. :)

Steve.