Search function fun

ok so having got to grips with the forum etc I have tried doing some simple research here on 

Su85s (the Russian self propelled gun) and found I keep getting 0 results... yet I know I've posted my own article about my build (maybe the forum doesn't show my own threads to me?)  and can't imagine in the history of the forum no one else has built one or even discussed one? 

Is it jist me? 

Help :-) 

steve 

22 minutes ago, Steve_farrier said:

ok so having got to grips with the forum etc I have tried doing some simple research here on 

Su85s (the Russian self propelled gun) and found I keep getting 0 results... yet I know I've posted my own article about my build (maybe the forum doesn't show my own threads to me?)  and can't imagine in the history of the forum no one else has built one or even discussed one? 

Is it jist me? 

Help :-) 

steve 

Hi Steve,

I`ve always found that you have to use a proper word, it doesn`t seem to like things like `A1-E` for instance, you have to put `Skyraider`.

That`s my experience anyway.

Russ 

You need at least three letters to get a valid search, and the forum software doesn't like letter-number combinations.  There might be more hope through using the advanced search function.  But I'd try looking for key words that might appear in the text, like Soviet, Russia or tank destroyer.  Advanced search will let you search for more than one together.

• 3 months later...

Same problem here...can't seem to find anything on Tiger I tanks, unlees I search in 'all content' which makes the results nex to useless!

Simplifying the search to  Tiger in just the armour subsection 'topics' yield 0 results.....very frustrating....

• Like 1

I agree. I'm a newbie here and wanted to search for answers to questions I have before I bug people to repeat things already covered. No luck getting a hit for a simple thing like "drop tanks". Really? I thought it was just me having issues and thought that maybe I had to reach some minimum post threshold before the search function worked for me.

Go to your favourite search engine and type in:

site:www.britmodeller.com +"Tiger I"

Some will argue there's no need for the "www" part, but I prefer to be precise. If you want to narrow the search further, to, for example, the Ready for Inspection sub forums, use:

site:www.britmodeller.com +"Tiger I" +"Ready for Inspection"

The same would go for Work in Progress.

@Crimea River - try this:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Awww.britmodeller.com+%2B"drop+tanks"&t=ffnt&ia=web

• Thanks 1