CAC CA-25 Winjeel

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

It's nice to see some paint on Ray :)

From here though it looks like you haven't masked the central parts of the windows. Please tell me that isn't so!

Cheers

Cliff

I did Cliff, there was an intermediate step where I painted some Micromask into the panels and let it dry before painting! :idea:

• Like 2

nice job Ray, these Highplane models can be quite "interesting" to build! I keep looking at my Beaufighter, then running away quickly!!

Gosh this build brings back memories of Wagga!!

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

nice job Ray, these Highplane models can be quite "interesting" to build! I keep looking at my Beaufighter, then running away quickly!!

Gosh this build brings back memories of Wagga!!

Come to think of it Rich, it does. having to marshal these in AAM with that big radial attempting to chop you up was fun for a trainee.

These were also a feature when I was at Williamtown, my wife went for a fly in one of the 4FLT aircraft so I may be tempted to build another in those colours.

marshaling was fun and depending on who was "piloting" the aircraft quite interesting! Many a Winjeel was seen crazily taxing off to places unknown with the instructor laughing due to an uncoordinated trainee!! Some would follow exactly where the trainee was marshaling them resulting in everyone else having to run for cover. Arrr the 80's before OH&S took the fun and danger out of life! :D 

• Like 1

Nice work thus far......

the blue plastic reminds me of the cac sabre.........I would not mind getting one for myself as well after seeing your build.....the Australian Provost heheheh 

rgds

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what Steve said Ray :ditto: 

Which brand of paint did you use for the Matt black? I've been trying to get that kind of Matt black shade, but my current paints won't co-operate. 

Lovely little model.

Best regards

TonyT

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Exactly what Steve said Ray :ditto: 

Which brand of paint did you use for the Matt black? I've been trying to get that kind of Matt black shade, but my current paints won't co-operate. 

Lovely little model.

Best regards

TonyT

Thanks, guys.

Tony, it is just straight Tamiya XF-1 thinned about 50/50 out of the airbrush.

• Thanks 1

Great job Ray.

One of the most iconic Radials in Australian service - and you've nailed it. 

Well done on what appears to be not the easiest of kits to knock up! 

Cheers... Dave. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...