CAC CA-25 Winjeel

Looking forward to this Ray :).

I spend a lot of time perusing the High Planes site; there's a lot on there to loosen the purse strings.

Never seen this one built at all, an attractive little aircraft.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

It will not be a simple build, the kit is low-pressure injection moulded, a lot of clean up and no locating pins.

The plus is that there are not too many parts. A quick check of the parts showed a possible short shot piece, It will not be hard to replace, fortunately.

• Like 1

I've several HP planes in stock but have been unaware of this one before. I can see the need to liberate one sometime soon. I fancy a camo'd FAC version. In the meantime, I'll kick back & enjoy watching yours come together. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

I started by cleaning up the parts. Fortunately, there are not that many and I was surprised at the fine detail on these low-pressure injection moulded parts.

36086964622_469766e7d2_b.jpg

Yes, that is blood on the wing :o  I had an accident yesterday working on another model and the wound reopened while cleaning these parts up.

Almost done, I had to make a couple of repairs to some short-shot pieces, one of the seats and the cockpit floor.

35421004254_158a49abff_b.jpg

One fuselage half done and one to go.

36086964282_c48c893669_b.jpg

Time to start some test fitting and initial assembly.

• Like 3

Oh this brings back happy memories!  I built my one and only High Planes kit a few years back (a Beaufighter NF).  The parts looked horrendous in the box, but cleaned up and went together beautifully :)

Cliff

• Like 1

Blood on the Wing, does that go to the tune of "Smoke on the Water"? ^_^

It reminds me of myself when I drilled a hole in my finger a few weeks ago :swear:

Early days, but looking good so far

Slow progress as I am working on a few other models...

Part of the 'roll cage' frame was short shot so out with some styrene rod to make a new one

36230427582_017300ea5d_b.jpg

It will be trimmed to right length before installing.

Started to paint the cockpit, the green is not the right shade but will do the trick I think

35590617263_4367f40ff4_b.jpg

• Like 2

I initially installed the kit engine to the firewall but after coming across a white metal one in the spares box which had a better shape (though fewer cylinders) I decided to use it instead.

36431712856_8e134bb59b_b.jpg

Then I glued the fuselage, wings and tail plane together and added a bit of putty.

36431712446_205fb9b25d_z.jpg

36431712416_132bf105e2_b.jpg

The parts went together OK, I did forget to add the rear deck and had to feed it through the cockpit opening and massage the shape to get it to sit in the right spot.

• Like 3

Great progress Ray; your rear deck 'challenge' is just the kind if thing I do :winkgrin:!

Good save. I see sanding in your future, but it's something I think you enjoy and it's on a far smaller scale than your Anigrand extravaganza!

This is going together well; I'm definitely persuaded to buy one.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Thanks, Tony, spent a couple of hours this morning doing some more to the Winjeel

Some sanding done and more putty applied, installed the roll cage, seats, control sticks and vertical stab.

36341730732_f694ff959e_b.jpg

35701438603_287934482d_b.jpg

Oil cooler and exhaust installed and now on its legs. More sanding and I also could not resist pushing the prop on.

35701438043_0ba8c9bc23_b.jpg

35675243594_542170e78c_b.jpg

• Like 5

It looks great Ray. Always a little scary for me with cutting out vac form canopies, but I really like the way they look :). This one looks the part :thumbsup2: ,

I went to buy a Winjeel from the HPH website last week; it was sold out :o!

I think you've helped them sell a few with this thread Ray; they owe you a free Sea Vixen now :D!

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

It's nice to see some paint on Ray :)

From here though it looks like you haven't masked the central parts of the windows. Please tell me that isn't so!

Cheers

Cliff