1/72 Farman F.190

CliffB

My first entry for the Group Build will be this

Farman.jpg

Developed in the late 1920's, the F.190 was a comparatively small plane with accomodation for just four passengers but was widely used by civil and military operators.

This will be my first attempt at an SBS Models kit (they are a Hungarian company), and my first impression is that it should be a joy to build.  It's a resin kit (with white metal and PE components), and the quality of the moulding is top notch.  I'll show you more in due course, but here's a shot of the contents to start with.

P1100177.jpg

This particular boxing of the kit has two decal options: the very tasty Vichy example shown on the box top (Indochina, 1941) and an equally nice pale blue civil machine.

P1100178.jpg

I'll be doing neither, chosing instead to do YU-PEB which was an F.190 operated by the Yugoslav airline Aeroput for evaluation purposes during 1936/37.

The plane was formerly F-AJIA and is believed to have retained it's crimson and white paint scheme.

Fortunately, there are some nice references on the website www.crezan.net

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4

Looking forward to this Cliff. I have the kit but was a bit apprehensive, I haven't completed a resin kit yet.

Good luck for a fun build 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your early support :).

As luck would have it, I was browsing through the latest issue of SAMI over breakfast this morning when I noticed a feature on this very nice mask and frame set for the F.190.

So I've just ordered one.

There will be a slight delay until I start, as I really should finish my current Aeroput build - a Caudron Goeland.

Cheers

Cliff