Moskalev LT +++ Completed at long last +++

Hi All,

Looks like I've got time to do a second one for this GB.

This model screamed "Buy Me" when I visited Clifton Curios near the EMA - Mostly because of the box art and the voices in my head consequently going "What is that dangling down?"

Obviously the product of a very fertile mind, the LT (also referred to as the Sam-23) is a compact ground attack aircraft with an armoured cockpit, a single pusher prop and twin boom tail. 

The intention was to fly the thing at 20 ft or so off the ground and I guess at that altitude the pilot's workload would be quite intensive, so the idea was that a pole with a wheel on the end would be lowered down - this pole was connected to the controls so it would maintain the necessary altitude whilst you strafed Nazis.

That was the plan - Quite what happened if you hit a divot, rock or other such obstruction on the ground with the wheel is anybody's guess. I'm guessing there'd be a bit of a pitch up at the very least requiring immediate correction. 

I think you'd qualify for "Hero of the Soviet Union" just by taking off in the thing....

Further information is a bit scarce on the internet but some details can be found Here - Page is in Russian but Google Translate is your friend. GeorgeUSA built one on here a couple of years back, so I don't need to go into the nitty gritty of the build, when there's a good example on here already so mine'll be more of an overview.

Box and Contents

34594733203_426e4d4d4a_c.jpg

Cockpit together

35364654196_e0043a1406_c.jpg

Quick tape together to test fit

35087834033_85091cff33_c.jpg

Change of plan - I want it flying at an altitude of 20 feet - Cockpit wouldn't fit with the brave pilot in place so something had to give....

35311970964_1d44ab4c63_c.jpg

Kind regards

IanJ

Edited by Bonhoff
Completed Build
  • Like 2

Now that is something esoteric. But was it ever build or is it only a project which never saw the day of light? But I guess rules are here to be broken and your build is progressed well, so I love to see how it looks when completed.

Cheers, Peter

• 1 month later...

Paint getting there...

Custom mix of (Tamiya based) AMT-7 courtesy of the internet, Vallejo "Russian Green" for upper surfaces - All brush painted.

Too small to mask up...

20170904_232326

KR's 

IanJ

• Like 1

As mentioned previously, this one needs to be mounted as if in flight.

36960319602_09c2597805_c_d.jpg

And to give an idea of the subject's diminuitive stature, here it is in formation with a Spitfire.

20170910_001222

KR's

IanJ

Edited by Bonhoff
Typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Completed!

All in a little vignette as well - Apologies for quality of photos, as well as the fact it's a bit dusty already.

23610683998_edd440d664_c_d.jpg

23610679648_ab86f53d10_c_d.jpg

37462302291_b08c50e4a0_c_d.jpg

Kind Regards

IanJ