North African Stuka.

Morning all,another 1/72 build I,ve been tinkering with for a week or two is Revell's re-box of Italeri's Ju87 "Stuka".the real aircraft had their European scheme

broken up with an overspray of sand,sadly my airbrush isn't that fine so I did the colour's over the sand base after masking to the original scheme although to

be honest it's hard to see the two colour's of mottling but they are there,I left of the two small propeller's that were mounted on the u/c wheel spats as very

few photos of in theatre aircraft show them fitted,anyway many thank's for looking.

DSC00038

DSC00036

DSC00035

DSC00027

DSC00026

DSC00025

DSC00023

DSC00022

DSC00039

• Like 58

wow Steve that is really superb

im a fan of the trop schemes and yours is beautifully executed.

Great detail great finish really well done.

i think Italeri kits can be a wee bit underestimated and can build up very nicely with care.

T(r)op Stuka!

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Well done on the trop colour scheme. It really sets it off. BTW, I've always wondered why my Airfix Stuka had protrusions on the wheel spats. What were the propellers for?

Thank's Vinnie I assume they were what made the screaming noise these dam thing's were noted for?

The little propellers as you call them were indeed part of the horns. They essentially were miniature air raid sirens and were often called "The horns of Jericho" by many on the recieving end of a Stuka attack. Essentially serving no other purpose other than to terrorize the poor chaps on the ground. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Thank's for the kind word's folk's I was busy deleting the last of my older PB photo's and realised this is the second Revell boxing I've done.

SDC14342%20640x480_zpso7yksdo4.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

Good God Man, don't you ever have a total disaster of a model? Love 'em both but that desert scheme is beautifully done. I too would've guessed 1/48...

Oh you better believe it,not as much  now but lot's of plastic has hit the bin over the year's!