Sturmgeschütz III G

Hello Chaps,

i would like to show my Stug.III G, it's my first model since 35 years so allow me a little prologue to that....

If someone would have asked me yet a year ago what subject wouldn't make it to my workbench in case of ever scalemodelling again

i would have answered without hesitation ...A Tank... well one Tank Art Book (By Mr. Rinaldi) later i was inspired to build you already guessed -A Tank-.

Since this is my first model after decades i was almost shocked and delighted at the same time by the possibillities which are achievable with all those new fancy Weathering products that came up throughout the last years.

So this is my model of the 1st times, 1st Tank ever, 1st model since a looong time, 1st Pe Parts and 1st Airbrushing but enough words, hope you like it.

Kit is the very old Tamiya Stug.iii Dog from 1976 with some Eduard PE

Hans

resized_ffc03218-bc6e-4138-94c9-512a8825

resized_8f59a8f6-52eb-4831-a81d-349ad74aresized_149f3037-a0c3-4050-a9ac-79de9fc0resized_9ea4cb39-1095-4f3b-83de-eb39b780resized_6ecdaff9-e7bb-42f4-b08b-d3a7e0171ee08dc9-f7fd-4a17-80bb-fb4613014370.jpg

resized_8dbcc8cf-4128-4eea-a1be-f5b46ece

resized_81016d48-b85b-4a25-a0e2-f1dfbaa8

Edited by supersonic
  • Like 19

Looking good Hans.  It has been to the wars for sure and I like the bucket, one always needs a bucket.

I'm working on my first Bronco Models kit and it is  a Stug III C/D and I hope it turns out half as good as yours. It will be just out of the box without any add-ons.

Lloyd

A superb first job in every way, IMHO, your case is what I have come to see in the forum, much more common than you think, myself for about two years, I also resumed the hobby, after a lapse considerable, though not so much, of about 15 years ...

As you well say, now, the possibilities of new weathering products, and of course, their techniques, have raised the level of modeling to the "stratosphere" in terms of realism.

When we made kits in the past years, nothing to assume such a radical evolution, and I when I started to see everything new, I regretted all the time I have "lost" without modeling ...

I also had to start buying a new equipment of "modeling", compressor, AB, various utils, paints, products for weathering, etc, etc ...

In my case, it has been gradual, because it is not a hobby "cheap" precisely, but I already have a fairly complete set of tools, which results in our work.

For what you say, you have dared with everything, even with the PEs, which I do not like precisely ... lol,
 mine is being more gradual, to the point, that some finished models, I have reviewed again ...

I hope to see another model of you soon, because this one, even an oldie, far surpasses other superior kits in quality and price, which have remained as "complicated toys" nothing more ...

For English do not worry, I also have that problem, and I do quite well in the fórum.  Good job :yes:

A greeting Hans :D

Mates,

thanks for that warm Welcome and your friendly words!

@FrancisGl

thanks for your feedback and i agree to many of what youv'e said, in my opinion with patience&skills you can bring almost all old

kits up to the level of a real beauty.

@BlackMax12

Good Luck for your Stug

Cheers Hans

• Like 1

Hi Hans, welcome to BM.

What is it about returning to models after a THIRTY FIVE YEAR GAP? That's exactly how long my absence was, and I know of 2 others that also left it that long!

So, you'll probably just remember Tamiya bringing out their first acrylic paints. There were none of these weathering powders, pre-mixed washes/filters, no super thin poly, no one that I knew of used CA, the height of weathering techniques was called 'wet and dry brushing' and no one in their teens could afford an airbrush...  maybe if you  were lucky you'd get a 'spray gun' for Christmas. And like me, you're still learning about all these new products, and 'modern techniques'

And that brings me on to your StuG....

When I joined BM nearly 2 yrs ago, people said 'if that's what you can do after a 35yr gap, I may as well give up'

Well, I thought their praise was a bit over the top, because although my first model back was better than anything I'd ever done before, I knew all of its faults and compared to some in here it was rubbish.

But I want you to believe me when I say that your StuG is absolutely fantastic, way better than I could do right now. So congratulations on a great job, with all that damage and the heavy weathering, It's a real dirty beast, photographed beautifully.

Rearguars,

Badder

PS, I'm hoping you're the type to venture into diorama-making!

• Like 2

Badder know well of what he speaks, I recognize myself in every statement he has made, incredible ... absolutely prophetic and / or telepathic ... as if we knew each other forever ...lol.

And of course, I'm glad to have you in the forum with us.

P.S .: for the next model, please make a thread in the WIP section, I would greatly appreciate it, because can always learn something.

Cheers Hans
:D

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

Badder,

thanks for your extremely kind word, returning to the bench after such a long time feels very good, especially because of the possibilities one have today

Cheers Badder

Edited by supersonic
  • Like 1

Thanks Chris, for now i try to choose which subject will be next, which is the toughest job:smile: ....... there are so many attractive Tanks already

waiting in my stash....

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, FrancisGL said:

Badder know well of what he speaks, I recognize myself in every statement he has made, incredible ... absolutely prophetic and / or telepathic ... as if we knew each other forever ...lol.

And of course, I'm glad to have you in the forum with us.

P.S .: for the next model, please make a thread in the WIP section, I would greatly appreciate it, because can always learn something.

Cheers Hans
:D

Cheers for that Francis!

Pick a card, any card.

And yes, I agree with your two other comments!

Rearguards,

Badder.

Ace of Clubs?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, supersonic said:

Thanks Chris, for now i try to choose which subject will be next, which is the toughest job:smile: ....... there are so many attractive Tanks already

waiting in my stash....

Ha!

When I joined here I couldn't understand why anyone would have 'a stash'. Surely when you buy a model it's because you want to make it. So you buy it and make it. And maybe make a diorama as well. And once that's all done and dusted, you buy another model and make that one. Simple, and logical.

I now have a King Tiger, Tiger, Churchill VII, Cromwell, StuG IV, Universal Carrier, a MiniArt building and 7 sets of figures in my stash.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 2

What a realistic model! I'm just getting back in to military vehicle modelling after 28 years. My first effort so far is not to be compared with your Stug - yours is something for me to aspire to.

Wow, weathered to within an inch of its life, its probably not everyones cup of tea... But it is mine, love it to bits,  well done.., you've made an old kit look very recent,

Glynn 

• 4 weeks later...