This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased 9

Ray S    1,356

I finally managed to get this yesterday:

36552241831_20f262c2be_z.jpg

I have wanted this for years, and it almost slipped through my grasp. I was in the Jet Age Museum back in May and saw this there then. As I have recently(ish) retired, I was being a good boy and decided to look after my pennies and left it there. I got home and all was well. The next day (Sunday) I said to my good lady wife that I had been a miser  good boy and left this kit in the Museum. 'You twit' she said, 'I have always said to get it if you see it' and she told me to go back. Well, I went back and IT WAS NOT THERE!!! Full of despond, I slowly made my way home, and kept thinking about what I had missed. I looked on E-But and Kingkit and could not find one (although on E-Basil I did see what silly money they were going for). Yesterday I went back to the Museum with my daughter, and there it was, back on the shelf! Well, my heart skipped twenty beats and in no time I was back in the lobby and paying for the Boulton Paul Overstrand/Sidestrand.

Cheers,

Ray von Happybunny

TheBaron    11,074

I ordered a shaving brush, bowl, and pack of Arko shaving soap for my eldest son as he goes back to school in a week's time and has spent the whole summer growing his first beard.

I dread meeting his school principal at the start of each school year due to an overpowering urge to call her Principal Skinner.

falcon    619

Added some new life into my 20 year old Hi-Fi seperates yesterday in my model room. I bought myself a Philips AEA2000 Bluetooth Hi-Fi adapter. I can now stream music from my phone to the Hi-Fi.

lasermonkey    580

Managed to get the old issue Italeri 1/72 F-5E, a Heller F-84G and an Airfix Fouga Magister for eleven quid, including postage.

I ostensibly bought them just for the F-5, as it seemed like a reasonable price, considering what's being asked these days. I'll be building it as the first of several 527th AS machines. Looks like I'll have to make my own decals though.

I'll be happy to make the other two kits. I have a soft spot for the Magister after seeing the Patrouille de France fly them during the seventies. The F-84G will probably be finished as a 48th FBW machine,  providing I can find suitable decals.

Oh, and some NOS Russian transistors and diodes to make fuzz boxes with.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by lasermonkey

Max Headroom    5,747

This from the Chester Model Centre

35884113413_2945313cee_b.jpg

I've already cut plastic and will add a WIP soon.

It's my first Beau since the 1970's Matchbox 1/72 offering.

Trevor

EDIT - I forgot the horror of the NOVO monstrosity in the Obsolete Kit Build a few years ago :o

whitestar12chris    2,244

Just snapped up an encyclopedia of British submarines from 1901 to 1955, as the price was dropped by 16 quid to a tenner on evilbay, result

all the best Chris

Darby    4,852

A day ticket for Coombe Fishery and two cheese and onion pasties to take fishing with me. They didn't catch anything but I did. Here's one of them (fish, not pasty).

DSC00554.jpg

Wez    1,887

An optivisor with an additional loup lens to which I've just attached a head torch lamp, hopefully I'll be able to see something within an arms length of me now.

I can see for miles and miles but that's not a lot of use in modelling.

I do look damn silly wearing it though (well, even sillier than normal)!

CedB    26,358

One of the pleasures of modelling for me is the excitement I feel when the postie delivers something I've been after for some time. Even if it's cheap. Still counts.

Today's delivery is some D-day stripe sized masking tape recommended by PC but hard to find in the UK (it's not a metric size):

36752979595_cb2e3700fe_z.jpg

I finally tracked mine down at Grove Shop here for £4.37. Delivery charge is a bit steep but cheaper than the £40 charged by US suppliers. Although it's the wrong size in the image and it's listed as 6mm it is the right stuff, look:

36706091076_37233f938a_z.jpg

Ready for my next D-day build!