This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased 9

I'm the bunny of happiness!

Not one, but TWO kits that I've been after for some time, 'won' from the bay of evilness on the same day. I told Mrs. Gorby what a fabulous bargain that they both were, but for some reason she seemed less than impressed. Mind you, when she tells me of her latest 'bargain' shoe acquisitions, it's all I can do to remain conscious. 

Got the Ta 183 for £27.89. The day before, one sold for £60 and I have seen the Tamiya version (with the Kettenkraftrad) sell for £95!

The Me 509 was £14.40 and the going rate with postage seems to be about £25 to £30.

0d823030-0b3d-4deb-93c1-641ee161f074.JPG

I shows what I'm a incorrigible modelist I am, in that I bought a new car on the same day, and I was significantly more excited by the kits.

( @Mike How come there is a dancing penguin :penguin:, smug cat :cat:, excited puppy :dog:, a dead donk :deadhorse:, a pink elephant that needs the loo :elephant:, a vacant fish :fish:,

a pogoing cow:cow6:(what?), a scuttling spider :spider:, an inanimate pig :pig:, a nervous looking sheep :sheep:, a roaring dino :dinosaur:, but no happy bunny? We need a happy bunny).

A cauliflower; from Cornwall-land. The customs charges cost more than the ruddy thing.

Edited by Darby
adendum

15 minutes ago, Gorby said:

( @Mike How come there is a dancing penguin :penguin:, smug cat :cat:, excited puppy :dog:, a dead donk :deadhorse:, a pink elephant that needs the loo :elephant:, a vacant fish :fish:,

a pogoing cow:cow6:(what?), a scuttling spider :spider:, an inanimate pig :pig:, a nervous looking sheep :sheep:, a roaring dino :dinosaur:, but no happy bunny? We need a happy bunny).

I've slept since then, and can't remember :shrug: If you can find a suitable happy bunny smiley, you send me a link to it, and I'll add it to the list.  Incidentally, I have both those kits you got today in my stash.  The Huckebein was to have a go at rebuilding my first ever completed kit when I came back to the hobby, the 509 a gift from a chum :)

I love a stash filled with the weird and the weirder ^_^

Speaking of weird, I bought a Contrail Fairy Spearfish vacform at the show, but I've just noticed it has a sticker saying "requires considerable modelling skills", so I guess I'll have to get rid of it!  I've forgotten how to model it's been so long :doh: 

43 minutes ago, Gorby said:

How come there is a dancing penguin :penguin:, smug cat :cat:, excited puppy :dog:, a dead donk :deadhorse:, a pink elephant that needs the loo :elephant:, a vacant fish :fish:,

:snail:  you forgot this beauty Gorby :rofl2:....

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you can find a suitable happy bunny smiley, you send me a link to it, and I'll add it to the list.

I can't find one – although I have no idea where emoticons live on tinternet, probably in places younger and trendier than I normally inhabit.

I love the weird and wonderful as well, I hope to do both in what-if schemes (if I ever finish my Hs 123), I like to mess with the rivet-counters heads.

I've been considering looking for a vacform myself, I must be going through a masochistic phase. :whip:

happy-bunny-smiley-emoticon.gif

bunny-smiley-emoticon.gif

Any good? I think they're free.

Sometimes I'm sooooo pleased I spent 40 years in computing. Other times not so much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

An Airfix Whitley V for £17.89 (including postage).

Back from SMW with yet more for the stash.

Academy 1/72 F-16C 'Thunderbirds' x2
Airfix 1/24 DeHavilland Mosquito
Airfix 1/72 Gloster Meteor F.8
AZ Models 1/72 SR.53
Special Hobby 1/72 Supermarine Seafire FR.47
Trumpeter 1/72 Tupolev TU-22M3 Backfire C
And a few decal sheets.
23559839_1462199730525319_89140695415030

Apart from the cars previously mentioned, I had no shopping list, so I came away with:

Mach 2 Martin Seamaster 1/72

Lindberg GEE BEE racer in 1/32 (ex Hawk moulding)

Hasegawa B-17F 1/72

Pegasus Boulton Paul P-111 1/72

Valom Bristol Brigand 1/72

Airfix HMS Leander 1/600

Monogram MiG 29 1/48

Not bad for £107.

I blacked out a few days ago, and I've just gotten an email that says a WNW Clerget Camel, FE2b Early, and a Roden SE5a are all en route to me, along with some Bob's Buckles. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Not purchased, as they were about to be binned, but one 5x4' and one 4x3' 60 or 80 thou styrene sheets. We use styrene for sign printing at work, and these were old stock, so I asked if I could take them.

New blades for my Olfa Compass Cutter. Probably not as accurate as one of those new fangled things with the unpronounceable name but good enough for me as I don't paint roundels.

52 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Not purchased, as they were about to be binned, but one 5x4' and one 4x3' 60 or 80 thou styrene sheets. We use styrene for sign printing at work, and these were old stock, so I asked if I could take them.

John, old buddy, old friend...

47 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Result!

I like to see that things are being reused rather than binned, well done for saving the planet and staving off global warming (global warming = melted plastic! :shocked: )

2 minutes ago, Gorby said:

Result!

I like to see that things are being reused rather than binned, well done for saving the planet and staving off global warming (global warming = melted plastic! :shocked: )

Can't let a good thing go to waste :).

I didn't get much of a haul at Telford as it was so busy we really didn't get much of an opportunity to look around, but did not return totally empty handed - I got this, basically because it was only a tenner and it was on the stall next to Sovereign Hobbies:

DSCN6595.jpg

... and this, which was a gift from the lovely @CedB who I finally had the pleasure of meeting in person:

DSCN6597.jpg

... thank you mate :D 

Cheers,

Stew

As Stew says it was really busy and opportunities to walk around were limited.

http://village.photos/images/user/483a5850-3d62-4900-8176-6062170ac842/resized_9be2f2ea-69e7-4528-9638-83132073ca1e.jpg

I had pre-arranged with Peter Hall of Atlantic Models to buy the Hesperus kit. Peter very kindly added extra guns to the kit to help me build the I class HMS Imperial, which a relative was on at Crete. I can't wait to build this one.

The Jolly Green Giant was easy as Whirlybird was right across from us too, and I had been eyeing it up last year.

Malaya and Penelope came from Mike McCabe's Starling Models. Malaya is for me to use our latest-research RN colours on, and Penelope is a present for my daughter Penelope.

The Black Pearl was @MrsSovereignHobbies's work, having seen it on Revell's display and then asked Mr Wonderland who's name (to my shame) I have yet to discover if he had any...

Lastly I picked up new engines for my 2 year shelf of doom Tamiya Lancaster from Mike Belcher on Sunday when we left Stew in charge so Gill and I could go looking for new little manufacturers we could stock.

Now we have an answer to Omar Khayyam's question

"I wonder what the paint manufacturer buys

one half so precious as the stuff he sells?"

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

I didn't get much of a haul at Telford as it was so busy we really didn't get much of an opportunity to look around, but did not return totally empty handed - I got this, basically because it was only a tenner and it was on the stall next to Sovereign Hobbies:

DSCN6595.jpg

A really splendid kit, Stew. I think you'll like it.

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire MkI at a good price, to go into stock. "Seafire From the Cockpit" (£5 bargain) for all the pictures of crashed Seafires. MDF Sea Fury Scaled Down (£5 bargain - do you detect a theme?) awaiting the forthcoming Airfix release. Also, a pick up tool, some cement and some cheap brushes. I resisted the 1/24 Typhoon for £45 and several other big box bargains.

On 11/13/2017 at 5:18 PM, Darby said:

A cauliflower; from Cornwall-land. The customs charges cost more than the ruddy thing.

will you be cooking it OOB or do you have some cheesy mods planned.

Dragon Sherman Firefly Vc from Rich on the forum 👍

Regards

Steve

22 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

One england Brazil half and half scarf

Is that some kind of intimate haircut?