This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased 9

Trumpeter S-300 SA-10 missile system, its a beast!

TM01038M.jpg

2 hours ago, sroubos said:

That's shocking. I didn't realize the situation was as bad as that. So even when you are insured you are still exposed.

I remember when I went to the US on an exchange program from my university they forced me to get US insurance at 100s of dollars for a semester. I told them I didn't need it and that my Dutch health care provider covered me 100% worldwide. I still had to get the insurance. When I then actually had a claim because of some problem with my braces, they told me they didn't cover it. I had stopped my Dutch contribution because I didn't want to pay twice for insurance, so I wasn't covered at all and I was doubly screwed.

In other news, got this off eBay:

132492-11104-pristine.jpg

I heard great stories about the FineMolds 109s. They'd better be true.

I'm building this kit (actually it's on hold now) and seems to be good and well detailed out of the box. However, I've thrown a lot of PE at it. You can see the build thread here if you've installed Firefox's or Chrome's add-on for PB.

Cheers

Jaime

Bought yesterday in my LMS:

• Airfix Me-262 1/72 (I'll build the box art scheme, as I have Academy's version with the other scheme)

1012294-16559-64-720.jpg

• Tamiya XF-27 Black Green (to serve as RLM 73 in my Donier Do 24 build)
  • Tamiya Extra Thin glue

Cheers

Jaime

4 hours ago, sroubos said:

I heard great stories about the FineMolds 109s. They'd better be true.

It's a little like a slightly nicer Hasegawa kit, IMO, after building two of them.

5 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Strewth, we really, really shouldn't complain about the NHS. Hope Winston is OK PC....?

Keith

5 hours ago, CedB said:

Seconding Keith... we are very lucky that we have access to 'free' Healthcare.

Also hoping Winnie is OK. :)

He's fit as a rather imperious fiddle. Had his second birthday party yesterday and received far too many toys.

4 hours ago, sroubos said:

That's shocking. I didn't realize the situation was as bad as that. So even when you are insured you are still exposed.

Oh yes, and there's a coverage limit, too, not to be exceeded. In the early 1990s, my younger brother had a neuroblastoma at the base of his spine, and my parents (who were at the time fairly affluent) had to take out a second mortgage to pay for treatment. To add insult to injury, my brother grew up to be a real jerk.

1 minute ago, Procopius said:

He's fit as a rather imperious fiddle. Had his second birthday party yesterday and received far too many toys.

Excellent, great news PC!

Keith

9 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I hope he was right - maybe they've changed the material the nozzle O ring is made from - I can only go by my expereience of having two Iwata rubber O rings dissolve after cleaning the brushes with celly thinner to say it wasn't ok! 

Keith

Hi ,had a look at the Airbrush company website ,and all the Iwata had PTFE packing ,apart from Micron B,SB ,and C .

3 minutes ago, cocky05d said:

Hi ,had a look at the Airbrush company website ,and all the Iwata had PTFE packing ,apart from Micron B,SB ,and C .

That's great news, I'll get on and order some replacements now, been hanging on trying to find the PTFE ones I'd seen before!

Thanks for that!

Keith

Went to the Shropshire model show at Ellesmere today ,not a very big show ,got some 1/35 building moulds from the Form U Lay guys ,well you can either cut them out or use them as moulds.

A bit like Miniart ,but a bit thinner plastic.

I'll just leave this here............. :whistle: 

So happy....................

144042_0.jpg

Hemswell car boot...

Usually there are at least a couple of kits each week.

Sometimes, as yesterday, there is a whole tableful.

This guy does the auctions & buys them up for resale.

I could have bought more from him but have more

than enough to build as it is.

Posted (edited)

revzeda su27 and some vallejo paints for that and a su34. Didn't have a light blue for both so Ill have to got to the local model shop during the week, what a shame. Will allow me to pick up the new airfix 262 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2017 at 10:44 PM, luis pacheco said:

Tickets for Telford 2017 !

20258034_491258227895717_364427997899886

God I'm jealous. My son was born on 11/11/15 so I'm pretty much barred from attending SMW until he tells me he doesn't want me at his birthday party anymore, just send some cash dad instead ok, and by the way I'm taking the car tonight, don't wait up.

Edited by sroubos

An Aeroclub Spitfire XII and Seafire XVII.

WNW 1/32 Bristol F.2B and Sopwith Snipe. Perhaps I'll finally see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, I finally got one as well a few months ago, the Fokker D-VII rerelease. More because I was curious about it than anything else. I was a bit disappointed to see the trailing edge of one wing was damaged. I hardly ever have damaged parts in new kits so for a premium product like this it was a bit of a letdown. It's not unrepairable and I have bad experiences getting replacement parts (apart from Airfix who are great) so I'll let it slide.

7 minutes ago, sroubos said:

I have bad experiences getting replacement parts (apart from Airfix who are great)

You've been lucky then....!!

Keith

I was supposed to not be buying any more kits this month, but I noticed that Jadlam were doing the Airfix Swift for under eleven quid including postage and it seemed silly not to, especially as I hadn't got around to buying one before.

On 10/9/2017 at 00:21, Radleigh said:

I'll just leave this here............. :whistle: 

So happy....................

144042_0.jpg

Do you now have plans for an extension? :D

Hasegawa 1/72 F-106

Hello dears,

Once again !!

WP_20171010_17_53_45_Pro

Can't resist buying corsairs !

Sincerely.

corsaircorp

11 hours ago, Julien said:

Do you now have plans for an extension? :D

Not at all, lucky enough to have a garage all to my self! :D

As Arma Hobby is discontinuing their Attack Squadron resin line, I ordered two each of their Polish F-16 conversion sets, F-16 Block 40+ wheels, and bulged wheel doors for my Revell kits.