This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased 9

21 hours ago, Crane said:

My recent vacation to Austin, TX

Crane, may I ask about those excellent boots? Does that style have a particular name? 

Top footwear sir.:thumbsup2:

1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX

1/32 PCM Spitfire XIV

Only god can judge me.

Also one of those Kora/Eduard Fw 190A-9 kits in 1/72; I'm sure a Spitfire shot one down at some point, so I just need to find the proper markings.

5 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Crane, may I ask about those excellent boots? Does that style have a particular name? 

Top footwear sir.:thumbsup2:

TY

They are FRYE, made in USA

https://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Mens-Warren-Engineer-Boot/dp/B00IM562XO?th=1

I got them at Allens in Austin, TX http://www.allensboots.com/?gclid=COr9p8Cnt9YCFcm6wAodZ68MdQ

They had them on sale for $299. I wore them out the store and for the rest of vacation.

5 hours ago, Procopius said:

1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX

1/32 PCM Spitfire XIV

Only god can judge me.

Also one of those Kora/Eduard Fw 190A-9 kits in 1/72; I'm sure a Spitfire shot one down at some point, so I just need to find the proper markings.

Has it arrived yet? I'm curious to know what it has in addition to the Eduard plastic parts. I've got a Hasegawa A-9 and F-9 (Panzerblitz) in the stash, however the Eduard F-8 has the Panzerblitz rockets anyway.

thanks

Mike

43 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

Has it arrived yet? I'm curious to know what it has in addition to the Eduard plastic parts. I've got a Hasegawa A-9 and F-9 (Panzerblitz) in the stash, however the Eduard F-8 has the Panzerblitz rockets anyway.

Nope, just ordered from Czechlandia. I'll keep you posted. I think mainly it's just the resin for the different engine fan, and their rather dodgy decals.

10 hours ago, Procopius said:

1/32 Tamiya Spitfire IX

1/32 PCM Spitfire XIV

Only god can judge me.

Just a minute... two more BIG kits? Wow. Straight from the Gentelman's scale to 1/32? I plan to work up through 1/48 myself, one day. :)

From the IPMS Farnborough show last week, the vendor had these at a fiver less than Hannants so why not?

modelfest17buys.jpg

I remember seeing the Leopard sitting belatedly on a roundabout on the A338 going into Bournemouth a few years back and never thought I'd see a model of it in any scale. The 109 cannot  possibly be more hideous than the many the Avis kits I have vainly tried to bludgeon together, though another BM er is rising to the challenge

-A

8 hours ago, Procopius said:

Nope, just ordered from Czechlandia. I'll keep you posted. I think mainly it's just the resin for the different engine fan, and their rather dodgy decals.

No worries, I'm sure Eduard will release an A-9 at some point but I wouldn't be sure about an F-9, although if they did one it would be very easy to do the other! I would definitely like to know what's in the Kora box!

thanks

Mike

ebay, won another kit, this time the a revell RF-4/Mirage combo.  Must not bid on any more kits for sometime. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

War File dvds

Boer War

Battle of Trafalgar

Balaclava 1854 (Charge of the Light Brigade)

Battle of Borodino

Napoleon 1812 (Road to Moscow)...

Citizen Clem by John Bew, biography of Clement Attlee. Caught my eye in Waterstones when I was supposed to be picking up a birthday present for my brother-in-law. Excellent read so far, main revelation - Jack Jones (the union leader) was wounded in the Spanish Civil War.

Edited by Avereda

It's been quite some times I dreamed about sexy Huey nose arts.

And here they come in 1/48.

huey_u10.jpg

I have discovered the true meaning of Christmas… 

ab8b7dee-2665-4a5b-b5e3-49f490c6a3e9.JPG

Normally, I'd be the first to say “What! It's only September!”, but some things are worth making an exception for. :D :drink:

Contents:

18870b1d-57ac-47cd-a28f-6f87f125a6de.JPG

Is it December yet? :santa:

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

ab8b7dee-2665-4a5b-b5e3-49f490c6a3e9.JPG

Normally, I'd be the first to say “What! It's only September!”, but some things are worth making an exception for. :D :drink:

Contents:

18870b1d-57ac-47cd-a28f-6f87f125a6de.JPG

Is it December yet? :santa:

Where do I sign up?

Trevor Malted-Hops

Gorby! You naughty man!

I've only heard of about half of those.

Best lock it away for now. (as if)

More to the point i'd like to know where he bought it and do they post to the forgotten lumps of granite called the channel islands...

On 9/22/2017 at 12:29 AM, azureglo said:

I remember seeing the Leopard sitting belatedly on a roundabout on the A338 going into Bournemouth a few years back and never thought I'd see a model of it in any scale.

That looks like a very nice subject to do. I spent a while looking at G-BRNM at the Midland Air Museum and it had a certain panache about it. Low, sleek and rather svelte indeed!

On 9/23/2017 at 9:21 AM, Gorby said:

Why?

Open it as soon as the chrimbo stuff starts arriving in the shops (or snoopy's bloody x-mas starts playing... again!).

If it's good enough for the shops to think it's "the season", open it up and start sampling!

@Vince1159 

@Max Headroom 

@Pete in Lincs 

@hairystick 

I'm sorry to show you the holy grail and then whip away the promise of fulfilment, but the supplier was Costco, which unfortunately may not be available to everyone. A quick search for 'Craft beer advent calendar' brings up a number of results: although quite expensive options. I don't know if these have full sized bottles: mine has the smaller 275ml to 300ml bottles.

I found this – it includes a whisky calendar! (best look at the price before you add it to your 'want' list):

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/christmasgifts/advent-calendars/best-advent-calendars-alcohol-christmas-adult-gifts-drinks-by-the-dram-whisky-gin-a7402646.html

As for starting it early, I've got Mrs. Gorby to contend with. :dinosaur:

Well I quite like the Honest Brew advent box. 

But a selection of 24 Magic rock beers* (for instance) will cost you less than that.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiqnJSFqL3WAhXhCcAKHW9YCi8QFgg1MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.magicrockbrewing.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNFMfiNGHI0xId7SaZhcOfTbAIGoTw

Wrap the cans in Christmas paper, add your own choice of snacks, and you're good to go!

*Other beers are apparently available.

Right then that's me off to Costco👍🏻

Trevor

Trumpeter 1/35 MAZ-537G with MAZ/ChMZAP-5247G tank transporter semitrailer

Trumpeter 1/35 T-55 MBT with BTU-55

Glencoe 1/32 McDonnell XV-1 Convertiplane

Always liked that convertiplane.

Bonkers, but in a good way.

A $300 emergency room visit for my toddler. That's just the up-front costs, though, there's also whatever my insurance won't cover for a CT scan, a prior ER visit, and a pediatrician visit. Woooo! Great to be living here in the most powerful nation on earth (tm).

Also:

Eduard's 1/72 Nasi se vraceji Spitfire triple combo

Eduard 1/72 Spitfire XVI profipack

a bunch of 1/32 greeblies for the Tamiya Spitfire IX, including Marketar kabuki paint masks for codes/roundels, an Eduard mask, HGW dry stencils and seatbelts, several Barracudacast sets, and AML camo masks.

From a Facebook group, Roden's 144 Carvair, S&M's 144 Viscount 800 and a Revell 144 727-100, all for under $60 delivered.