This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

What have you purchased 9

Julien    4,009

Just picked up the new Takom AML-60

s-l300.jpg

lasermonkey    580

Just bought nine DBI paints off eBay. They're all multiples of colours I already have, but at the price, it seemed daft not to.

Darby    4,852

See my last post in version 8 for more details.

John.R    333

For the bike:

Fuel tank for the 125cc bike... after finding it has split and lost nearly £7 of fuel from it.
£10 to fill the tank

428-120 pitch chain

15t front sprocket

39t rear sprocket
Matte Black Paint/Matte Red Paint

Chain breaker & lube

Biggles87    3,047

SanDisk Clip Jam MP3 player. I have been using an old iPhone4 for audiobooks and some music but it died a few days ago and I've replaced it with this. All I have to do now is learn how to download things onto it!

Mozzy19    1,005

2 lots of Eduard 1/48 Spitfire Mk VIII overtrees so that I can use more of the decals from the Aussie 8 set.

Sean

PhantomBigStu    3,950
Posted (edited)

CIF oven cleaner, new bottle design, hopefully same formula. Especially as it wasnt cheap. Also some nail varnish remover

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Antoine    1,215

In a bout of madness, I've disolved my credit card for some Takom special French Army limited editions.

AML-90

aml-9010.jpg

AMX-13/75 Suez

(With metal barrel and TC fig)

amx-1310.jpg

And an M47 from Suez too.

m4710.jpg

TonyTiger66    5,251
7 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Just bought nine DBI paints off eBay. They're all multiples of colours I already have, but at the price, it seemed daft not to.

Nice purchase :thumbsup2: . I've been looking for one of their colours; Ident Green.

Good for Royal Navy 'Admirals Barge' models, some helicopters and others.

They were good paints (took a while to dry, but good colour matches).

Best regards

TonyT

Martin T    490

Fromm Azur Gamma 2E with the A&AEE option. I like oddities with British markings to add a bit of variety. Just finished a HobbyBoss MS406 and have a Sword Vultee  Vanguard on the go, both in British markings. 

TheBaron    11,074

Quickboost gun barrels and Eduard masking for a Wellington 1C almost not entirely purchased themselves recently. 

Continually surprised at the postage sometimes asked for such small items on Needbay - as much as three or four times the cost of such items themselves on occasion.

These two were at very reasonable rates however: I always make a point of following such decent sellers in order to give them future business if I can.

Darby    4,852
7 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

CIF oven cleaner, new bottle design, hopefully same formula. Especially as it wasnt cheap. Also some nail varnish remover

Actually you've just reminded me. Must get a new bottle of bubblegum pink. Or was it acetone, cotton buds and make up sponge/brush things? I knew there was a reason why I went into Helston today but turned around quickly after 5 mins in what seemed like a sea of malevolence.

luis pacheco    437
13 hours ago, Antoine said:

In a bout of madness, I've disolved my credit card for some Takom special French Army limited editions.

Antoine, can you please tell me if this limited editions are only for the French market ?

Antoine    1,215

Hi Luis, not 100% sure, but yes, I think so.

Still, you can order them from a French shop.

Gremlin56    5,828

Some more goodies to go with the Meng Bradley BUSK III:

DSCN5191.jpg

DSCN5193.jpg

DSCN5194.jpg

DSCN5195.jpg

:nerd:

Darby    4,852
Posted (edited)

Well, as I decided to shake off the Helston malady which can be all consuming and detrimental to the mind, body and soul I ventured further afield. Not quite as far as good old England but in that direction, namely Truro. Having negotiated the city centre and finding what seemed like the last parking place in Garras car park a solo pedestrian battle began. Almost mown down by smombie pushchair women, occasional motorised wheelchairs and a Peter Capaldi lookalike who on second look was in fact female and taking a wrong turn down an alley way which would grace the set of Poldark I eventually found an oasis of sanity in the form of Martin and T7 Models. It was a rather pleasant experience to be able to enter an independent model shop, a rarity nowadays. So after a goodly chinwag and coming away with cutting mat, Perfect Plastic Putty, new scriber, Humbrol 251, enamel thinners, 10A blades and the Airfix Eindekker I then ventured back and luckily was not accosted by cutpurses, footpads or George Warleggan. Probably as it was still daylight. I did give a busker £1 and told him to make sure he gets his dog a tin of food.

Thanks Martin for bringing a ray of light into the pervading gloom.

Edited by Darby
addendum

spaddad    981
16 minutes ago, Darby said:

Well, as I decided to shake off the Helston malady which can be all consuming and detrimental to the mind, body and soul I ventured further afield. Not quite as far as good old England but in that direction, namely Truro. Having negotiated the city centre and finding what seemed like the last parking place in Garras car park a solo pedestrian battle began. Almost mown down by smombie pushchair women, occasional motorised wheelchairs and a Peter Capaldi lookalike who on second look was in fact female and taking a wrong turn down an alley way which would grace the set of Poldark I eventually found an oasis of sanity in the form of Martin and T7 Models. It was a rather pleasant experience to be able to enter an independent model shop, a rarity nowadays. So after a goodly chinwag and coming away with cutting mat, Perfect Plastic Putty, new scriber, Humbrol 251, enamel thinners, 10A blades and the Airfix Eindekker I then ventured back and luckily was not accosted by cutpurses, footpads or George Warleggan. Probably as it was still daylight. I did give a busker £1 and told him to make sure he gets his dog a tin of food.

Thanks Martin for bringing a ray of light into the pervading gloom.

I'm starting to get an inkling of an increasing level of despair at & intolerance of the collective attempts of the majority of the indigenous to negate your usual sunny disposition, chin up!

CedB    26,358

More tools:

35805159810_dc0bf1a900_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

The contour saws look good and are stiffer than the RB nano-saws and Tamiya 'craft saws' I currently have.

The Flip-5 PE bender looks just the job for bending 1/72 PE, much cheaper than the big 'metal block' types.

Look out for them in my WiP threads :) 

TheBaron    11,074
8 hours ago, CedB said:

Look out for them in my WiP threads :) 

Not 'alf. That dinky folding  tool  looks interesting and I'm going to have to check out contour saws as well!:D 

Tony

Update: I now own contour saws as well Ced.:lol: Order just made over at the RB site. One look at their aileron-cutlery and it had to be.

lasermonkey    580

I bought a 1/72 Bicentennial F-4B from eBay last night for a tenner. I think the manufacturer is "Kiddyland" or something equally crass sounding, but it's basically a rip-off of the old Esci kit. I already have one in the deep stash, and the panel lines are a little crude in places IIRC , but it does include lots of spare parts, such as the F-4E nose, RF nose and various weapons that are only included in certain boxings of the Esci kit. Whether it has the thin wing or not, I can't remember, but I don't really mind which version it is, to be honest. When one is modelling on a budget, beggars can't be choosers, and I quite like the Esci kit anyway.

Cheers,

Mark.

Crane    44

Practical things to make building easier

35842425960_bd69a50efd_c.jpg

Rick Brown    2,889

At last a little compensation came my way after last years suicide attack by an unguided Renault Cleo.

Stocked up on boring stuff like airbrush cleaner, thinners glue and a box of #10A scalpel blades.

Even bought a couple of cheep kits, SMER 1/48 Piper Cub and Airfix 1/72 Harrier.

Rest of the compo paid for last years enforced holiday rearrangements, brought on by the accident.

You certainly don't make money out of none fault accidents.... 

Rick.

just happy to be alive.

lasermonkey    580
45 minutes ago, Rick Brown said:

At last a little compensation came my way after last years suicide attack by an unguided Renault Cleo.

Stocked up on boring stuff like airbrush cleaner, thinners glue and a box of #10A scalpel blades.

Even bought a couple of cheep kits, SMER 1/48 Piper Cub and Airfix 1/72 Harrier.

Rest of the compo paid for last years enforced holiday rearrangements, brought on by the accident.

You certainly don't make money out of none fault accidents.... 

Rick.

just happy to be alive.

Having been in a similar situation a few years ago, when a young lad in an Audi TT decided to re-enact the attack on the St Lo, I share your frustration. It took a comprehensive photo essay (proving there were plenty of signs with "Slow", "Oncoming vehicles in middle of road", etc) to get the lad to accept fault, plus two years of argument to get any compo for the wife's injuries (she took the full brunt of the impact. I didn't even get a scratch). It wasn't a lot of money, though we were able to pay off the mortgage two years early.

When an accident is clearly the fault of the other driver and the injuries sustained wholly the result of their negligence (in our case, the police were considering prosecuting for driving without due care), it shouldn't take two years to settle, plus we ended up out of pocket with the car, which was written off.

Although our car was a humble Ford Focus 1.6S, it was the only car that my Mrs has had that she loved, and it nobly sacrificed itself to save her. The crumple zone did its job well, saving her from far worse.