Thanks for allowing another Yank to join the fold!

MdlAirman

Hello!

My name is Mark, a soon-to-be-retired Engineer from Michigan. I've been watching the website for quite a while and, even though I'll more than likely never be able to turn out models like the fantastic ones I've seen on the website, I decided to come in from the shadows and join.

Aside from my college years, I've been building models since I was about 8-years old, my first kit being a 1/72 Airfix Albatross DV. (To this day, I still wonder sometimes if Dad was trying to get me into plastic models or was hoping I'd get so frustrated with that kit that I'd never in my life build another plastic model kit.:wonder:)  

Although I still build predominately aircraft and space subjects, I also build ships, sci-fi, armor, an occasional car model, and basically whatever strikes my fancy. I've recently tried building figures thanks to Moebius' recent series of figures from the old Batman TV show (R.I.P Adam West), but the jury is still out regarding any level of improvement in my skills in that realm.

Thanks for allowing me to join the group!

Hello Mark ... yank from chicago here. Modeling since 1979 with a hiatus from '05 to 14. Never say never as we are all still learning. The best thing to remember is if it looks good to you when youre finished. And you are happy then thats all that matters. Also as someone recently pointed out in a thread "its called modeling not assembling."  Any help i can give just ask 

Dennis

Hi Mark

Welcome on board from the UK, I visited Michigan a few times in the late 80's / early 90's and picked up the Johan Mercury Comet on one visit, building it as the Comet I owed for a short time.