1/48 TBF-1C Avenger - Battle of the Atlantic May 1944; #FINISHED# 13/03/18

nimrod54

I was able to move this on some more today, adding the bomb bay door hinges and doors, the flaps, undercarriage doors, engine cowling (after remembering to photograph the engine), and the sliding cockpit glazing. with the last item still masked up to allow for any paint touch up. I am hoping that I can wrap this one up over the weekend and then I can get back to spending time on my other builds, these have been at a bit of a standstill for the last few weeks. 

Underside view showing bomb bay and flaps. The flaps have received some white primer and I will brush on a couple of thin coats of top colour,

40695779721_48725c8d16_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

and a couple of topside views

39985680024_ba1cfa20d8_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

39985678794_c4d84c2cda_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

It's getting to be rather unwieldy now and I am having to be mindful of how I pick the beast up for fear of knocking something off. :oops:

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:02, CliffB said:

That's really nice work John

Cliff

Thanks a lot Cliff. I finished adding the last of the detail parts and aerial wire yesterday, so here are the final pics of the finished build with more over in the Aircraft RFI here.

25912099647_cfbe8f7857_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

25912101187_ed2aff394e_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

Apologies for this one not making it over the line, and a final thank you to all those that have stuck with this to the end.

Cheers. 

• Like 5

Thanks a lot @Ozzy , I didn't quite get the patchy effect on my paintwork - it's just about visible in grey areas, so there is still plenty of room for improvement in my airbrushing skills. :lol:

Thanks also for posting pictures of your model and at least inspiring me to attempt the technique.

• Like 1