***Finished***PBS Eagles

PhantomBigStu

I'm glad you've posted the second photo Stu, I have a 1/48 Revell Strike Eagle at the same stage - so guess I don't now need to check if it's less than 25% built.

Also have a 1/48 Eduard "Striking Eagles" which has got as far as upper / lower sections joined - so have a choice of two birds to enter.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally pulled my finger out and cracked on after staring at the closed box for 3 days. Finally painted the cockpit the correct shade for the first time, always cheated and used a generic grey but a paint buying mishap meant I ended up with the correct dark hull grey paint. I also now have another hasegawa C on route to join in with. 

36186279061_c3c3d5ba56_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this was surprisingly difficult, literally paiting it two different shades. The gunship grey did not play nice. Now done though annoyingly no way theres going to be enough left to paint the tanks and pylons onece the canopy is on. Thought I could go a few more weeks without buying some paint after the hassle i had last time. Off to paint the pilots :)

36566731326_3449d65c9a_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Canopy on the E and as predicted the gunship grey has run dry.  Can at least sort the exhausts out, would be nice to use resin ones, but not at the price, can live with them, insides painted white which is an overlooked featured for the E

36252669120_2ac990bfd6_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

New pot of grey arrived and to my relief unlike the last pot which was drastically different yo the previous one on shade this one is a perfect match, so continued on, though hit a problem, Hoovered my floor in preparation for putting the tiny bits on the cft pylonn so they could be found if dropped, but the carpet monster has claimed two of them. https://www.flickr.com/gp/150784454@N08/JZ1bQg 

Slight hiccups with getting the pylons on, hope to have it ready for decalling tomorrow, as for the single seater, lack of updates as I found the intakes were not spaced right, took a lot of work to fix and indeed not quite done yet as letting some filler fully solidify around the intake leading edge. Pics to follow

Had hoped to do some decals last night, but the a/c I had chosen had swapped squadrons long before the stores I had chosen were in use, and the second choice I found I didn't have enough zeros for the serial, but an hour on google and I have this from the right time for my loudout and I can do 

100305-F-0571C-360.JPG

• Like 1

Changed my mind again, went back to the original choice of airframe, and applied some decals and repainted the radome as per a photo of it, wether that's accurate for combat in allied force I don't know, but hey ho, also means a change of loudout planned and I'll need to buy a hasegawa weapons set for the targrtting pod

37128257975_02d5e57201_b.jpg

• Like 2

Had real problems with the single seater in the intake/forward fuselage area, which has left me trying in vain to build up the leading edge of the intake, may have to call this one off and start the other kit, perhaps ill order an academy one to do if this latest attempt fails 

37049070381_a9669f4a2f_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Pics of the E in the gallery, but had to abandon the USAF single seater and start the JASDF copy, I made the mistake of leaving it on the radiator to dry then forgot, the reuslt of it being on a radiator thats currently jammed on high overnight wasn't pretty.  Might go n order an academy MSIP now. 

37131794696_67322fb1f7_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2