Airfix 2 or 5 model display stand

Howdy Folks - Not the right area - but it will be 'ready for inspection' if you can help...

61kOkE+aejL._SL1455_.jpg

Can anyone post a close up detailed photos of what the top section of these arms look like and describe how they work / give some dimensions.

All info gratefully received.

Thanks - Steve

I don't have these stands, but the photo below is the best image I could do from tinternet.

9e2dfdd2-4a1e-4ac6-83e4-1a999996bd45.png

And I noticed a review that may help a little.

"Hopefully, as I have yet to use this 5 up stand, it should prove to be the best way of displaying multiple AC in one place. Made primarily for 1:72 and some 1:48 kits, the stand comes as a base unit, 5 arms and 5 ball jointed prongs with two fixing pegs on top, the idea is that you drill two holes in the bottom of the kit to accept the two pegs, now some model builders will not want to do that so these can be addapted by removing the pegs and by the use of clear sowing thread wrapped around the kit and secure it to the bottom of the small platform where the pegs were removed.

I would also say that the ball joint is not the strongest so when you have the model in place and in position, run some super glue into the joint to lock it in place as the weight of some bigger 1:72 can cause them to nose dive forward. If you do use this for heavier kits, weight the base with plaster in the cavity or attach the stand to a wooden base to help it remain topple free."

Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1