Need to have an emoticon, please.

Why is it that we've got an emoticon such as this one ---->:footy:and there isn't any Rugger-related one...? I live down in Buenos Aires, and I've had it with Football (Soccer, for the Yank fellas).

Just about every sport channel playing on the local telly is related to Football (or Soccer); today morning I had to wake up at 04:00 in order to watch the game in Super Rugby (I support the Hurricanes if the Aussie teams are out of chances), but my point is that if you're Football fan who can't stand waking up way before dawn in order to watch a game, then broadcasters such as ESPN will schedule that same game at several other times so that it could be watched at an earthly time, and I'm not talking about ESPN Play or any other streaming plataform on the Internet.

Then it's the sports news you watch on the telly: "Messi has finally agreed to marry his all-time sheila", or "Neymar is being tempted with a 600-million contract offer to leave Barcelona", or "Luis Suárez to star as Dr Lecter on a film", or "Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't like mortals to stare him in the eye...", and you might as well listen to them speaking on their respective languages, going on about their stuff.

Who cares what they say, anyway? Not me. Oh, and then it's just like, "Ritchie McCaw broke up with his girlfriend", but you won't even be able to see him on screen.

Now I come to this forum to see there's a Football-related emoticon, and see that there is no Rugger-related one? Why, Mike?

Rugger is as British as it's Football, so can't we P*L*E*A*S*E  have a Rugger-related emoticon?

Really upset about it.

And if we can't have a Rugger-related emoticon, I demand that the Football (Soccer) one be deleted. Now, if we could have a Rugger-related emoticon, I suggest it is Tatafu Polota Nau engaging in a scrum, or John Eales catching the ball in a Line Out, or Stirling Mortlock scoring a Penalty kick, or Drew Mitchell throwing a Rever Pass (or as long as it's an Aussie player).

What do you think? Don't you Brit mates like Rugger?

Cheers,

Unc2    

• Like 1

ah, the thin edge of the wedge; rugby, then its cricket, then golf, hockey, fishing..........

If there's to be a rugby iconny thingy it has to be Willie John McBride