1/35 Tamiya Sd.Kfz.184 "Elefant"

I don't build armour as a rule but I loved building this, fell together in a weekend, I added the Tamiya Zimmerit self adhesive sheet 12644, all paints by Tamiya, weathering done with Humbrol powders and enamel rust wash plus AK washes of dark streaking grime.

fZxmO5z.jpg

KDaamMF.jpg

PedlvpL.jpg

zqFBijF.jpg

regards,

Mick

• Like 15

Great build,have just finished same scale but it was a early Italeri kit,not to the standard as yours,my kit was let down by the figures,when painted they looked like the thunderbird crew,very toy like,in hind sight,should have left them out,thanks for sharing your pics,an inspiration for me.

6 hours ago, Bigmick said:

fell together in a weekend

A weekend????

Crikey, you're a fast worker! And the Ellie and figures don't look any worse for it. A fantastic build and great paintjob. If I had to pick out two things deserving of extra points, then I really rate that subtle camo, and that tow cable.

Rearguards,

Badder

The only time I had anything that "fell together in a weekend", I ended up getting married.....but that's another story. Nice paint job and I like the figures, including the surprised driver.

John.

Great job.  I have a question, not a criticism, just something that I'm not sure about.

Would the inside of the hatches have been painted white (Elfenbein).  I imagined that they would have been painted exterior colour so as not to show up easily to fighter bombers.

Cheers,

Nigek

Great build. You have made a great job of the Tamiya zimmeritt, I could not get it to fit on mine and ended up making my own.

Beautiful camo job.  I love that faded camo look and the chipping and streaking blend it all together without being overpowering.

The Tamiya zimmerit worked well and looks pretty realistic.

These Elefants and the Ferdinands sure put the "Ug" in ugly, were they meant to scare the Russians off the battlefield?

Lloyd

Thank you all very much for your comments, very much appreciated.

Nigel, you're right, I'm going to redo the hatch interiors.

Andrew, I cut the Zimmerit outside the red guide lines and everything fitted, only the machine gun surround caused problems, I also used a paper blending stump to press down around bolt heads as it wouldn't mark the vinyl, a new Swan Moreton No.11 helped as well.

Regards.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...