BA World Blue

Well my first civy has been a bit of a disastor though it is salvageable in the main (though its possible I will have to go to revell spares)  , I may attempt another, have in mind what, which brings me on to the paint, I know from the former build I do not want to use a rattle can for the blue, wondering if theres a decent substitution in the revell, vallejo or humbrol ranges?  

4 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Well my first civy has been a bit of a disastor though it is salvageable in the main (though its possible I will have to go to revell spares)  , I may attempt another, have in mind what, which brings me on to the paint, I know from the former build I do not want to use a rattle can for the blue, wondering if theres a decent substitution in the revell, vallejo or humbrol ranges?  Edit: I've heard Tamiya x4 is suitable which gives me Vallejo 930 and humbrol 14?

Vallejo Model Air "steel blue" could be an option- I haven't 100% checked it as a colour match but to my eye it seems quite close. But if you're looking for something close to the Tamiya x4 blue then Vallejo MA "French blue" is also an option.

Hope that helps :)

Sam

12 minutes ago, cathasatail said:

Vallejo Model Air "steel blue" could be an option- I haven't 100% checked it as a colour match but to my eye it seems quite close. But if you're looking for something close to the Tamiya x4 blue then Vallejo MA "French blue" is also an option.

Hope that helps :)

Sam

I'll check out French blue, don't use an airbrush so steel blue isn't for me, cheers 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Bugga, looks like Ill better change plans and do a lufthansa a/c or bite my tongue and go for the rattle can option

edit well revell recommend no54, going to buy a pot of that just to try, worth a shot might be slightly too purple but it might be close enough

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Think I've dound a vallejo game color that could do the job compared the the xtracolour, worth a punt for a couple of quid

bc17zwei34.jpg

K640_chimerabluetest01.jpg

Looks like a good match too! Nice one :)

• 2 months later...