My name is Massimo

Massimo

My name is Massimo and I'm 52.

1zwk8ki.jpg

I'm a service engineer for an italian Company making packaging machines and I've been travelling to the UK for the last 30 years.

As we've got some Customers close to a few RAF bases, when I can, after work, I go for some spotting or I visit some Air Museums.

adklxw.jpg

In 2010 I was luky to be part of a Team which painted a Special tail on an Italian Air Force F-16, before the Unit Disbandment.

2vijt51.jpg

As a modeller, I build Aircraft and my favourite subjects are RAF and FAA aircraft.

I like representing my models in a dinamic way and I prefer scratchbuilding, rather than usin resin sets (that's probaby due to my age, as I grew up with Airfix kits ,as James May would say!).

Unfortunately, due to this , many ongoing projects were left behind  and have been laying there for years, but I think this must have happened to everybody, at least once!!!

One of the main reasons for this is that any time I start building a model from the only existing kit out there, a Manufacturer comes out with a new kit!!!:swear:

Some of you may be happy to know I've just bought an Airfix Buccaneer......so...we won't have to wait too long for a new kit....!!!!!!!:hourglass:

• Like 10

Welcome Massimo im a newbie to Britmodeler myself. I've been modeling since 1979. I prefer scratchbuilding as well. Mostly ww2 but other eras as well. I do it to learn but also because of severe budget constraints. By the way i've seen photo's of that F-16 before and its good to meet someone that got to work on it. Any how again i say hello. If i can help just say hello and ask. 

Dennis

• Like 1

:party:Benvenuto a bordo, Massimo!

Io sono modellista navale, ma adoro gli aerei imbarcati... :wink:perciò buon lavoro sul simpatico Buccaneer!

A presto e

Buon Vento,

:party:Welcome aboard, Massimo!

I'm an Italian naval modeller but I love so much the Fleet aircrafts... :wink:so have a good job on the nice Buccaneer! 
See you soon and 
Fair Winds,

Laerte

• Like 1

:welcome: Massimo!

The F-16 looks superb :).

I'm around the same age as you (51) and returned to the hobby in 2003, then a gap, then 2014 or so.

Britmodeller is a great place with helpful people. I'm glad to hear you like FAA subjects :).

Thank you for making sure that we get a new Airfix Buccaneer soon :D!

Benvenuto!

Ciao

Tony T

• Haha 1