Shuttleworth WW1 evening airshow

Billed as a World War 1 air show but had a bit of everything from the Shuttleworth Collection plus a couple of guests. Despite the dodgy weather at the start it turned out well. Would definitely make a return visit if the dates matched up.

35990592945_7442b8fd8f_z.jpgDSC_0073 by William Willis, on Flickr

35948956016_024ca83e3d_z.jpgDSC_0139 by William Willis, on Flickr

35180035503_f76d18bba5_z.jpgDSC_0972 by William Willis, on Flickr

35819772232_910a05aecf_z.jpgDSC_0903 by William Willis, on Flickr

35990531815_e9bfb43d11_z.jpg
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I'd call a minimalist glider in the first shot. What is it? - a Dagling or an SG38?  Maybe a Grasshopper?  (I realise as I ask that I am not at all sure what the relationship, if any, between those machines was!)

On 05/08/2017 at 10:07 PM, John B (Sc) said:

That's what I'd call a minimalist glider in the first shot. What is it? - a Dagling or an SG38?  Maybe a Grasshopper?  (I realise as I ask that I am not at all sure what the relationship, if any, between those machines was!)

Its a 1938 Schneider SF38.

On 02/08/2017 at 9:16 AM, massimo said:

I aleays wanted to attend this event! Must be a great atmosphere!!! Nice pictures!!!

Great event. You can walk around everything before the event and get up close to them all. Was a great variety but with the slight wind the more delicate stuff didn't participate. Would definitely go again.

• Like 1

There was definitely one that came through the top of the hedge- the gasps from the crowd were rather pronounced. Must have been a bum clenching moment for the pilot

As I said a great event that I was in two minds about attending particularly with the weather when I arrived at BHX in the morning to travel down to Biggleswade. Wasnt entirely sure it would have been my cup of tea but so glad I went in the end. The light at the end was superb particularly for the Lysander and PO2. Would recommend it. A great event and super value for money at £18. No problems getting to and from the event either. All well organised and very civilised when it was over. Just a pity I had to drive for 2 hours afterwards to get to RIAT in preparation for the next day.

Lovely photos. When I see pics like these I wish I had gone to these events.

The PO 2 shots could be 'Bedcheck Charlie' in Korea   (Pt.1... )

I could only go as far as page 7 but in page 4 or 5 there are Chipmunks captioned as the Miles Hawk !!!  (Whadda misstaka to make ah!)

I'll try and go back to view the rest. 

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Lovely photos. When I see pics like these I wish I had gone to these events.

The PO 2 shots could be 'Bedcheck Charlie' in Korea   (Pt.1... )

I could only go as far as page 7 but in page 4 or 5 there are Chipmunks captioned as the Miles Hawk !!!  (Whadda misstaka to make ah!)

I'll try and go back to view the rest. 

Yes you are correct. That's what I get for rushing through them using small thumbnails to rename them. Thanks for pointing it out. Fairly sure the rest are OK