2011 Aston Martin Racing Lola

I got this because I like the modern coupes, it was one of the newest things MA Scale Models offers and I was curious about this manufacturer. It took a good amount of effort to get this result.

The resin castings are OK. They suffer from pinhole bubbles because they appear to have been cast at atmospheric pressure. Otherwise they are clean and with some work provide a good result.

The metal parts are about half&half. Half I used, modified to one extent or another, the other half I tossed and replaced with scratchbuilt items. Example...the rear wing here is entirely mine. As are the front aero appendages. Both made from plastic sheet.

Clear vacform parts can be made to work. Getting them trimmed out correctly proved extra challenging because my sample appeared to not quite be a complete pull when formed.

Decals where well printed, in register with good, bright, opaque color. They where also the thinnest decals I've EVER encountered and it made working with them a CHALLENGE. The end result with them was, IMO,  excellent.

1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola

1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola1/43 MA Scale Models 2011 Aston Martin Lola

• Like 5

Superb, I remember this car from marshalling at Silverstone for nearly 30 years!

• Like 1