Eduard 1/72 Bf 110 early models

Ham

I am working on a 1/72 Battle of Britain collection.   I am looking to add an Eduard Bf 110C/D.  For some reason, the Eduard Bf 110's are very expensive and hard to find across the pond. The lowest I can find the C/D Profipack is $38.95 USD which is above retail. It appears to me that the plastic for the Bf 110C/D Profipack and Bf 110E Profipack is the same.  Also the Bf 110C and D weekend editions.  So the differences are markings, photo etch and masking in the Profipacks.   I can find the E Profipack for $25.99 USD with free shipping on evilBay.  That is the lowest I have found for the Profipack editions of the early 110's.   The weekend additions run cheaper but I would like to have the masks and photo etch.   I will probably only build one Bf 110.

So, except for the decals, is there any reason I should not save about $10 USD to get the E boxing?   I can probably get some decals for BoB aircraft somewhere.  Maybe someone in the classified section has some leftovers.

Your thoughts, please.

On the Eduard website it has online instructions. In those instructions i think it mentions which sprues come with that kit, so you should be able to check to see if the sprues are the same for the models your looking at/wanting. 

• Like 1

Ham ... just checked sprue brothers website 1/72 bf-110c weekend edition listed for $15.99 & the sprue release of the 110g. If you can live without the etch and all the extra goodies. The weekend editions of the D & E are $19.99 ive done the weekend stuff in 1/48 and i still have loads of unused parts for the kits i built. As for the Eduard sprue releases they are super cheap have all the kit sprues just no decals, instructions, or after market stuff. But if you've built one eduard kit keep the instructions. And piece the markings together from other un-used sets. 

The Eduard Bf.110C/D & E are all the same boxings.  Instructions for them can be had from Eduard's website.  As for price, I have bought many of my 110 kits off eBay and at some excellent prices, you just have to do a little poking around.  Also, if you are not in a big hurry for the kit, sometimes patience pays off and you can find an extraordinary deal on one.

• Like 1

As a follow up, after a quick eBay search, here is an eBay seller from Grand Rapids offering the 110D Weekend Edition with free shipping.  Here is another eBay seller out of the UK offering the Eduard 110E Weekend Edition kit for $20.39 with Free Shipping to the US.  I am sure that you could find others.  The good prices and deals are there to be found and had, just need to look for them.  

Really?  WoW!  Is it with free shipping to North America or an equivalent price of combination of kit and shipping?    

Edited by Wm Blecky

I should also just say, I do not doubt what you have said Mike, I am only surprised probably due to many years of buying kits or other goodies from companies like Hannants and with exchange rates and shipping, I'm so used to seeing it being on the expensive side when it comes to buying from Overseas vendors.

2 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

Combination price, free shipping is a lie as any sender has to pay for it.

thanks

Mike

Now isn't that the truth!  I see it every time I am poking around eBay  LOL

It's because Ebay likes to make sellers offer freepost in their own country's but that just makes them add the postage cost onto item prices, so when you buy 2 items, you pay 2 lots of post, 3 items, 3 lots of post. The best is that they don't have anyway of combining it or have an easy way of refunding for excess postage. Ebay are very good at finding ways of making more money off sellers and I would always advise people should see if Ebay sellers have their own websites and buy from them there.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  I really wanted the Profipack boxing, not the weekend edition.   Sprue Brothers seems to have the best pricing and availability in the US.  

• Like 1

Check your inbox Ham.  Also look here.  By far the best price I have come across for the 110C/D ProfiPACK, under $26 USD delivered to North America.  Much better savings than the Sprue Bros price.