Baby Tiger: Meng Toons kit

So I saw this recently at a nice low price and I just couldn't help myself. It's so cute! I've had my eye on these for a while, and the bubble planes too, and they just look like a whole lot of fun to build. Nothing stressful, no worrying about this inaccuracy or that period correctness, just build and paint!

So what do we get, well the box is quite small, around the size of a 1/48 tank, but it's absolutely jam packed with stuff, so much so that once I had taken it all out I was buggered if I could get it back in again. The sprues include the roadwheels and exhausts (x2) and two more with all the other bits and bobs you need to put it together. The main top hull comes seperately, and also included are a sprue of poly caps for the wheels, a small decal sheet and two rubber band tracks that have already had the ends (very competently) joined. Everything is designed to be a push/click to fit, no glue required, and I'll find out as things progress how well that works.

For now a few sprue shots, as long as I can make this new fangled Flickr to work. I should have abandoned PB ages ago.

IMG_1881

IMG_1886

IMG_1884

IMG_1888

Well, I'm converted. Easiest uploading, editing and sharing ever!

• Like 1

An hour or so of building and we're well under way. The fit on the whole is superb and everything slides into place and is held tight, no loose parts or too small holes. There is a slight gap around the rear hull plate which I must admit I'm tempted to fill, and I've removed the seam from the two part barrel, any companies fancy doing a turned aluminium one?

I've left off a few of the bits for now until I prime and paint the main assemblies, otherwise she's just about complete.

IMG_1889

IMG_1890

IMG_1891

IMG_1892

IMG_1893

IMG_1894

• Like 3