Brush painting and temperature

Karlo

First of all sorry for posting here, didn't know where i should post such question.

Lately i made pause from scale modeling because i just can't get good finish on model surface. Thing is temperature is around 36°C during day, and it stay around 30 at 22:00 o clock. I am using acrylic paints (vallejo and revell). Normaly i can get good finish but lately i have too much brush marks behind because color is drying to fast. Any suggestions or i should wait for a late summer for temperatures to drop a bit lower ?

1 minute ago, Black Knight said:

You could try adding some artists paints 'Flow enhancer'

It slows the drying pf acylic paints allowing it to flow together more before drying

Thank you for your answer, could you tell me where i could get it and how do i use it ?

You'll find 'flow enhancer' or 'flow improver' in a shop which sells artists paints. Or off ebay.

Its a liquid. Add no more than 10% to your paint, infact far less than this is needed

More than 10% and your paint will not dry at all

A similar product is 'artists slow drying medium' - this one is a gel, but add to your acrylic paint in the same way

There is a lot of help and advice about painting in the Tools and Tips section of the site. If you put "flow enhancer" into the search box with "all content" selected it will give you about 13 pages of results.