Best 1/48 T-38

DDELK

Planning on building a Nellis AFB Aggressor and was just looking for some opinions as to what kit is the better.. I also want to install a/m cockpit tub.. well any suggestions are great as I have not built a T-38 in my modeling years..

thanks

Dave

Personally I would go with the Wolfpack Models kit.  They are by far the best kit on the market for the T-38.  There are several versions available and they also have their own aftermarket sets for them.

HTH

Thanks Stephen. I think that's the route I will go then.. didn't you help me out with some decals s while back? I think they were F-16 decals. I could be wrong..lol

thanks

dave

I just finished the Wolfpack kit. It doesn't click together like a Tamiya kit, but it went together pretty well. Be sure to do a lot of test-fitting. I only had to use Mr Surfacer 500 for filler. I ended up removing the mounting tabs for the cockpit so the front would sit low enough that the instrument panel fit under the glare shield. The seats look pretty good, but I replaced mine with some resin ones. The canopies are hard to fit in the open position, just because the canopy lift mechanisms are pretty fiddly. Like every other T-38 kit ever produced, this one has F-5 wheels, but Hypersonic produces some excellent resin ones. 

HTH.

Ben

19 hours ago, DDELK said:

Thanks Stephen. I think that's the route I will go then.. didn't you help me out with some decals s while back? I think they were F-16 decals. I could be wrong..lol

thanks

dave

The A-10 I think.