1/350 King George V Battleship 1941

Stunningly superb.

I still don't get how you guys can do all that rigging and not break anything or douse the masts with glue. Can you tell me the procedure, or is it a secret? I've asked you shipbuilders before and got no reply.

A very minor criticism, and of course it's a matter of personal taste, but I'm not sure about the stand. The wooden base itself is perfect, but the 'fancy brass' supports are just that.... too fancy, and they detract from the model itself.  A pair of 'non-ornamental' supports would have been better, in my opinion.

Still, I'd love the thing sitting on a shelf in a display cabinet, with the PoW of course.

Rearguards,

Badder.

Thanks Badder.

The rigging is very easy really.  There are elastic  threads one called EZ line and another made by  Uschi . They come in different thicknesses and colours. Being elastic its very easy to get a tension.  Gluing one end first with superglue, its easy to extend to another anchor point and glue there.

I actually rig one end to the mast  before assembling the masts to the ship.

Edited by Clogged
Error with name of thread
  • Like 5

Hello Clogged,

Amazing piece of work. Master Modeler. Something for in a RN museum.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Carlsberg don't build model ships, but if they did....classy.  I have to ask, what are the two apparently timber poles that are placed at an angle to port & starboard in front of the citadel?

They look like derricks (??spelling) for stores handling, so possibly for ammunition loading for the forward magazines?