1/10 Andrea Miniatures "Warrior of the North"

Bigmick

This chap has been sat on the shelf for almost 2 years and it seemed a crime to leave him there, so down he came.

It's a mixed media kit, the main body and head being cast in one in resin, the arms inc sword and strands of hair are white metal, so lots of drilling and pinning involved.

First proper try at loaded brush, even Ben Komets said my technique was improving, I almost fainted lol.

Painted the face at the Weston Super Mare model show at the helicopter museum, I could have possibly painted more but was talking to so many people about loaded brush technique, NMM, Ben Komets, where to buy paints, brushes etc etc and was having so much fun I painted what I could without pushing it, the light wasn't the best either.

JHZLFOa.jpg

Then a days paintint later I got this far, I know, the worst WIP in the world.

W2wfHiD.jpg

I even had a stab, ha ha, at the sword, attempting NMM, or non metallic metal painting. I don't think it came out too bad for a first attempt.

3h2iST2.jpg

Then a bit more work on the fur cloak, which they all have fcol, John Snow, Sanza Stark, Eddard, ahem, I mean "Warrior of the North"

69eLBNZ.jpg

wExHt7H.jpg

gl6nCco.jpg

Now all I need to do is ask Mike at Bespoke Bases to turn out 5 identical bases to Lord of Lions so all the GoT characters are the same.

I hope you like.

Regards.

Mick.

• Like 6

Great to hear from you again Mick - and at your usual excellent level too. :clap::worthy:

The loaded brush seems to produce softer transition on the skin tones, and the NMM sword is just outstanding! Any links you would suggest to know about this technique?

Ciao

Hi Giorgio...

it's good to be back, thank you for your kind comments, Ben Komets work is on youtube or google his work, the loaded brush does give a soft transition, it also allows you to add highlights at speed.

i watch the set of videos he did on the viking Shieldmaidenat least once a month, very good information on loaded brush, click part one and the other 14 parts should be listed on the right hand side.

I'll add a link to the NMM videos as well, if I could paint anything as well as him I'd die a happy man.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arachnid said:

Looks like Shaun Bean to me lol,like it though

It is Sean Bean, as Ned Stark in Game of Thrones, (or maybe Boromir, he does do the sword wielding fantasy Lord quite well) from the first episode where he beheads the deserter from the Nights Watch as he's wearing the Dire Wolf fur cloak, due to copywrite he like many others can't be called by his real name so he's Warrior of the North lol

• Like 2