1/48th SR53

Simon Cornes

I saw this on the Kits for Cash site today. Looks to be a decent kit, albeit not cheap at £48. It has a vac form canopy mind you that looks a bit vague whereas clear resin would probably look better but its certainly unique!

Simon

Absolutely. As you say, it looks good, at least the rain does but as I said previously, that canopy looks like it needs a bit of work! It would be interesting to see a built one though! I agree about the price - not cheap but then none of the K4C/Heritage stuff is cheap in my experience. I assume its probably cast by the likes of Anigrand but that canopy bothers me. For the money I would expect a 2 piece clear resin casting I think.

Simon

Edited by Simon Cornes
Spelling correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Very nice, but not built yet.

Your task for the day is to build it Frank :fight: If it didn't look a bit wibbly-wobbly around the seams I'd possibly be interested in one myself, but the price-tag is high.  Sure, it's a niche market, but that's quite an ask per part :owww: Oh, and it's cast by CMK, or was last time I heard :)

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your task for the day is to build it Frank :fight: If it didn't look a bit wibbly-wobbly around the seams I'd possibly be interested in one myself, but the price-tag is high.  Sure, it's a niche market, but that's quite an ask per part :owww: Oh, and it's cast by CMK, or was last time I heard :)

It's in the queue, and won't see the light of day this year, so you can put your big stick away, or man up and buy your own. :tease:

• Like 1