M113 Bridge-Layer

Hello!

Allow me to present a build from my good friend Eric. He tells me that his models are not good enough to show on forums and I disagree. So with his kind permission, I have photographed one of his favourite builds to share with you here. This is his 1/35 US Army M113 Bridge layer as used during the Vietnam War. As no current conversion exists to build a M113 Bridge-layer Eric had to make his one using an Italeri M113 APC as his base kit and he scratch built the entire conversion. He has set the model on a home made display base using Verlinden figures and plants from his own garden.  

Eric believes that not many people will like his work and I would love to prove him wrong as I think his builds are great. Give him some feedback good or bad-He's a tough bloke, he can take it! 

Here is the real life machine in Vietnam:

6eb9522595579ce6a568b70c9efb35de_zpslejx

And here is Eric's version:

IMG_2936_zpsshhknyke.jpg

IMG_2958%202_zpsmrvy7kca.jpg

IMG_2937_zpsuwo8gwbc.jpg

IMG_2955_zpspplfiplo.jpg

IMG_2968%202_zpsypqdtf9n.jpg

IMG_2992_zpslv5ufojk.jpg

IMG_2980_zpsig8melm1.jpg

IMG_2991%202_zps2exwt0hn.jpg

• Like 18

Eric has just phoned me and he is really chuffed with the positive feedback you have given him. He is grateful that so many people have replied to this post and its given him a great confidence boost to share more of his builds. Thank you all! 

• Like 2