Heller Musee Series - specifically the Amiot 143M

leyreynolds

Trouble is, it's hopelessly  inaccurate.;  I built it a few years ago and it took a lot of work to make it acceptable (but not actually accurate). I'm not going to list it's faults - that would take a whole page - but I suggest getting an accurate set of 1/72nd drawings and compare the kit parts to them.

One of the big Musee twins had no interior whatsoever, and as the Amiot seems to be the oldest,  I suspect it was that one - though I am not sure as they all look so similar in their ugliness. The newer ones are more fully appointed,  though, IIRC including the MB  210 and Potez 540.

On 19. 07. 2017. at 2:28 PM, JohnMacG said:

Trouble is, it's hopelessly  inaccurate.;  I built it a few years ago and it took a lot of work to make it acceptable (but not actually accurate). I'm not going to list it's faults - that would take a whole page - but I suggest getting an accurate set of 1/72nd drawings and compare the kit parts to them.

Hi John,

can you please suggest reliable and accurate reference(s) for improving Heller kit?

Which references you used and how did you determine kit's faults?

Thanks.

• Like 3

If you just go to Google Images and look for 'Amiot 143' and you'll find lots of good pics + interior shot & cutaways and 3- or 4-view plans.

Otherwise there is a book on the Amiot 143 by LELA Presse (the Avions guys), but it will be expensive.

I've just had one of LELA's regular emails and as it happens the book's on special offer at the moment: http://www.avions-bateaux.com/produit/recherche/1120. Still fairly pricey at 35.50 euros but their publications are good, as is their service. I've bought the two volumes of "Samourai sur Porte-Avions" and "Les Avions de l'Armee Imperiale Japonaise", and they're excellent.

I've just bump on a nice drawings for Amiot 143 by Marek Ryś (known from his drawing in many  Kageroo books) in the book by B.Belcarz on Polish pilots in France 1939-40 (here about the book https://www.odk.pl/polskie-lotnictwo-we-francji-1940,765.html - looks that not available now)

It looks differently then Heller kit so It can be very good :) . Seriously, it looks in good agreement with photos. BTW - when I did my Amiot 143 more tan 40 years ago (it is by chance now on RFI) I did not know about faults of this kit. 

If anybody need more info please PM to me

Regards

J-W

On 21/07/2017 at 5:59 AM, leyreynolds said:

Thanks for the info' above. Any details of the internals please? Cyberspace does not seem to have much.

Roger Wallsgrove or one of his contributors did a build of this kit in an old Mushroom Monthly, which mainly involved adding some detail to the interior.  Not sure what their source for this was.  AFAIK they did not mention the alleged serious errors in the kits.   Will dig it out when I find my Mushroom Monthlies - which may not be any time soon.