I was given this as a present by a friend, who though all my other AFVs were 1/56th scale unfortunately he  was wrong s I work in 1/48th and the size difference is obvious if you compare two of the same type. However I haven't got a Stug so I decided to give it a crack and use it to practice weathering. I still don't think I've made it worn and filfthy enough. Anyway here it is. I'll probably change the figure for a better moulded one the first chance I get.

35616315980_cfdeb8e6bc_b.jpg36005337825_9a46bff492_m.jpg

• Like 5

From what I see it looks pretty good. Some additional photos are in order if you please!

Weathering is subjective. When we model, we are essentially capturing a 3D "snapshot" of a subject. We are freezing it at that point in time so to speak. Who's to say the it isn't brand new? The weathering should however, lend some context to the place and time.

The current trends in chipping and such are, in my humble opinion, over done. The vehicles sometimes had life spans of a few weeks, let alone months. Currently quite a few models displayed at shows look as if they should be in a scrapyard. 

G

• Like 1