1/48 Kinetic Mirage IIIO

9 minutes ago, TrojanThunder said:

That looks excellent Joel. First time I have seen bare metal RPK10s on the RAAF Mirage. makes a nice change

:thumbsup:

Thanks Ray. The picture I was using for reference was an old black and white image from the 1970s. So it could've actually been the same grey as the underside but the picture looked like it might of been metallic to my eye so I went with that. 

Joel,

Yet another nice Mirage, complements your IIIC nicely!

How did you get on with the Kinetic kit?  I've heard mixed reports about it.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Enright said:

A great piece of work.

Brings back memories of the air displays at Laverton in the sixties when the Mirage looked so modern.

Michael

Thanks mate! Thats where the pic was taken that I was using for reference on this build. After that this aircraft ended up here in South Oz but it ended up crashing into the ocean.

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Joel,

Yet another nice Mirage, complements your IIIC nicely!

How did you get on with the Kinetic kit?  I've heard mixed reports about it.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Yes the Kinetic kit did require a bit of extra attention especially with the fitment of the intakes, cockpit and wheel wells when closing the fuselage. Ive also read about at least one person getting it to work without trimming parts but not me. When closing the canopy I had to shim it on one side in order for it to be seamless too. Also the instructions caught me out on a couple occasions so I would recommend doing some thorough research on the specific variant you are going to build. In the end its still a very accurate kit of the Mirage III so I still highly recommend it.

Very nice work. And thank you for sharing a bit about your experience with the kit. I have one in the stash and I am looking forward to making a start on it in the next couple of years (I'm not one to rush a build).

Looks pretty close to the real deal:

RAAF_Mirage_III_No2_Operational_Conversi

Job well done!

• Like 2

That is lovely Joel,....... I`ve never seen the bombs attached to the tanks before, it looks really cool! I really want to build an Aussie Mirage myself someday,

Cheers

Tony

24 minutes ago, tonyot said:

That is lovely Joel,....... I`ve never seen the bombs attached to the tanks before, it looks really cool! I really want to build an Aussie Mirage myself someday,

Cheers

Tony

Shameless plug!  Why don't you come across to the Mirage GB and do it now!

PJ Productions do the RPK10's in 1/72nd if that particularly floats your boat!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wez said:

Shameless plug!  Why don't you come across to the Mirage GB and do it now!

PJ Productions do the RPK10's in 1/72nd if that particularly floats your boat!

I might do, thanks,......I`ll have to find a kit first,.....I fancy a 1/48th scale one and have a set of decals already,... just been struggling to find the correct variant. 

Cheers

Tony

Delta, the nicest letter in the greek (air force) and RAAF, FAF, BAF, IAF .... alphabet.

Nice looking Mirage.

Edited by PattheCat

12 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Another superb looking Mirage with a great finish.  Was it standard for Aussie Mirages to have no over-wing roundels? 

Yep and on their replacement the F/A-18A too.

• Like 1