HMS Dreadnought - 1/200 - Maly Modelarz - Paper Model

Hi at all,

I have noticed the start of some Dreadnought builds during the last days. Well, I don't want to stand back and get started with a report, too. This model is released by polish publisher "Maly Modelarz". It is rather detailed and - hopefully - will bring a lot of fun.

First of all, the card frame of the hull had to be mounted and glued.

MMDN10.jpg

MMDN11.jpg

I have added decks and parts of the superstructure. Did not glue them yet, since I will have some work on the deck's surfaces. The width of the planks and their colour isn't that satisfying. I am going to replace them with newly drawn "wood".

MMDN12.jpg

MMDN13.jpg

MMDN14.jpg

Kind regards

Tom

• Like 9

Nice start. Will be watching this one with interest, never built a card model but always fancied giving one ago.

The card seems quite thick, is that how it comes or did you apply it to backing card to make thicker.

Thanks a lot. The card is finn card, 1 mm thick. It is from an additional, model-specific laser cut set, which I bought together with a brass gun barrel set. The model itself has only templates to glue to 1-mm-card on your own. I wanted to save my fingers from cutting that card, so I decided to buy the laser cut parts.

Tom

• Like 1

I agree, very interesting indeed! I got halfway through a 1/700 card model of Dreadnought then found a resin kit...(now of course there are Dreadnought's all over the place and a good thing too I say)

Look forward to seeing and learning on this one Tom,

Ray

• Like 1

Nice to see you all on board. 

@ Michael: Although I'm not going to paint it, it won't be a clean paper model. There are lots of templates for the use of wire, some metal will join the paper model. And - I will build the waterline version.

Tom