RD.57D-C 1/48 CA B.57 kit bash

22 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,John - The progress you’re making is equally matched by the results.She’s a stunner!

😉👍 All The Very Best,Paul.

Thanks Paul, :)

18 hours ago, David H said:

Ooh Baby!! :)

:)

4 hours ago, TheBaron said:

How simply splendid does that look already. Restraint and power in equal measure!

Thanks mate :)

John

Very nice John :goodjob:certainly looking the part now , engines look great too .she has a fair wing span didn't realise the size until now.

All the best

Guy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, F4u said:

Very nice John :goodjob:certainly looking the part now , engines look great too .she has a fair wing span didn't realise the size until now.

All the best

Guy

Thanks Guy, she has got a big span, you can't really appreciate just how big on the photos.

John 

7 hours ago, Radleigh said:

I'd love to build this in 1/72nd scale, maybe one day!? Looking great John, I can't wait to see it at Telford. :D

It's odd but I think this build has been easier than the 1/72 HP kit, but you should go for it Radleigh :)

John 

Hello,John - Superb result and great modelling in every respect.The Wing Walkways are a true test of symmetry in their own right.Well done indeed,That Man!!

• Like 1

That black underside looks truly wicked compared to the pale and interesting topsides! Definitely a Janus-like aircraft and beautifully turned out as ever John.

Now, I wonder whereabouts at Telford a chap might get to see this? :D

Tony

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,John - Superb result and great modelling in every respect.The Wing Walkways are a true test of symmetry in their own right.Well done indeed,That Man!!

Thanks Paul, I'm surprised the lines as straight as I did :-)

14 hours ago, TheBaron said:

That black underside looks truly wicked compared to the pale and interesting topsides! Definitely a Janus-like aircraft and beautifully turned out as ever John.

Now, I wonder whereabouts at Telford a chap might get to see this? :D

Tony

Thanks Tony, We won't be too hard to find this year, they've put us in the entrance :)

13 hours ago, Hamden said:

That is absolutely stunning, decals really bring it to life!

Roger

Thanks Roger, they do add a bit of interest.

John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canberra kid said:

Thanks Tony, We won't be too hard to find this year, they've put us in the entrance :)

Hope to drop by and say Hi John - looks like it'll be a busy day!:D

• Like 1

On 21/10/2017 at 5:16 PM, mcdonnell said:

The Wing Walkways are a true test of symmetry in their own right.

I have to agree Paul, they were the first things to catch my eye, if only one was out it would stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. 

I did not realise John that you used a hairy stick to paint the black on the wings, it must have been as wide as your yard brush, I always thought that when using a brush it took several sweeps of very thin layers, you have got great results from just 2....how?

She is an absolute beauty John and in those colours will look very catching.

Gary.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

I have to agree Paul, they were the first things to catch my eye, if only one was out it would stand out like the proverbial sore thumb. 

I did not realise John that you used a hairy stick to paint the black on the wings, it must have been as wide as your yard brush, I always thought that when using a brush it took several sweeps of very thin layers, you have got great results from just 2....how?

She is an absolute beauty John and in those colours will look very catching.

Gary.

Thanks Gary, the lines were very well behaved, which was a big relief!Although I chose to brush the black I did consider using Halfords but the masking put me off, although on the next one (there, I've said it now) I will use a can. THe paint was strait out of the tin and again on reflection I should have thind it and gone with more coats close up it is far from what I would have wished for, but I'm mindful of the time constraints of the ever looming Nationals!

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Looking fantastic, another reason I'm sorry I live so far from Telford. :(

Steve.

Thank you Steve, It;s a shame you can't make it, but I know what you mean, it is a treck even for me.

11 hours ago, Hamden said:

That's absolutely stunning, a championship winning show stopper!

Roger 

Thank you Roger, it's kind of you to say!

2 hours ago, David H said:

Wow.

:)

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

Looks absolutely great.

And surely is...

Thank you! :)

1 hour ago, JeffreyK said:

Can't wait ti see this in person! Are you going to apply some (very subtle) weathering to pop out some detail?

Jeffrey

I'm not sure Jeffrey, they were very clean machines and I'm worried about screwing it up! :)

John